Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Chemoprophylaxis in large bowel surgery: I. Effect of intravenous administration of penicillin on incidence of postoperative infection.Med J Aust. 1970; 1: 305-308
- Postoperative wound infections: Influence of ultraviolet irradiation of operating room and various other factors.Ann Surg. 1964; 160 (suppl): 1-141
- Antibiotic prophylaxis and cardiac surgery. A prospective double-blind comparison of single-dose versus multiple-dose regimens.Ann Intern Med. 1972; 76: 943-949
- Surgical use of prophylactic antibiotics.Drug Therapy (Hosp). May 1977; : 27-36
- The prophylaxis of surgical infection: The effect of prophylactic antimicrobial drugs on the incidence of infection following potentially contaminated operations.Surgery. 1964; 56: 151-157
- Use of preventive antibiotics in clinical surgery.Am Surg. 1973; 39: 6-11
Barnes BA: Infections: Prophylactic use of antibiotics. Surgery 67: 369–382.
- Prophylaxis in surgery.JAMA. 1977; 237: 1003-1008
- Antimicrobial prophylaxis: A critique of recent trials.Rev Infect Dis. 1980; 2: 1-23
- Penicillin prophylaxis of experimental staphylococcal wound infections.Surg Gynecol Obstet. 1965; 120: 243-254
- The effective period of preventative antibiotic action in experimental incision and dermal lesions.Surgery. 1961; 50: 161-168
- Antibiotic activity in surgical incisions. The basis for prophylaxis in selected operations.JAMA. 1980; 244: 1353-1354
- Local and systemic antibiotic therapy of wounds and burns.Can Med Assoc J. 1965; 93: 864-869
- The capsular polysaccharide of Bacteroides fragilis as a virulence factor: Comparison of the pathogenic potential of encapsulated and unencapsulated strains.J Infect Dis. 1977; 136: 82-89
- Use of antibiotics. A brief exposition of the problem and some tentative solutions.Ann Intern Med. 1973; 79: 555-560