- Preparing for the next pandemic.N Engl J Med. 2005; 352: 1839-1842
- Severe respiratory disease concurrent with the circulation of H1N1 influenza.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 674-679
- Pandemic versus epidemic influenza mortality: a pattern of changing age distribution.J Infect Dis. 1998; 178: 53-60
- Pandemic (H1N1) influenza.Br J Anaesth. 2010; 104: 128-142
World Health Organization. Who is most at risk from H1N1? Available from: http://www.wpro.who.int/health_topics/h1n1/info/info_regionsNpop.htm. Accessed November 18, 2009.
National Campus Safety and Security Project. Campus safety and security project: results of the National Safety and Security Project Survey. Available from: http://www.nacubo.org/Documents/Initiatives/CSSPSurveyResults.pdf. Accessed December 21, 2009.
- Evaluation of online disaster and emergency preparedness resources.Prehosp Disaster Med. 2008; 23: 438-446
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Preparing for the flu: a communication toolkit for institutions of higher education. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/institutions/toolkit/. Accessed November 18, 2009.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Social media. Available from: http://www.flu.gov/news/socialmedia/. Accessed December 14, 2009.
- (H1N1) virus: 2009 online monitoring (perspective).N Engl J Med. 2009; 360: 2156
- Health information on the internet: accessibility, quality, and readability in English and Spanish.JAMA. 2001; 285: 2612-2621
World Wide Web Consortium. Web content accessibility guidelines 1.0. Available from: http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/WAI-WEBCONTENT-19990505. Accessed November 18, 2009.
- Web site accessibility: an online sector analysis.Inform Technol People. 2004; 17: 87-101
- Synchrony, waves, and spatial hierarchies in the spread of influenza.Science. 2006; 312: 447-451
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Colleges and universities pandemic influenza planning checklist, version 2.2. Available from: http://www.pandemicflu.gov/professional/pdf/colleges_universities.pdf. Accessed December 14, 2009.
- Empirical studies assessing the quality of health information for consumers on the World Wide Web.JAMA. 2002; 287: 2691-2700
- Current trends in US study abroad and the impact of strategic diversity initiatives.IIE Study Abroad White Paper Series. 2007; 1 (Available from: http://www.iienetwork.org/file_depot/0-10000000/0-10000/1710/folder/62450/IIE+Study+Abroad+White+Paper+I.pdf. Accessed December 14, 2009): 1-24
United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization, Institute of Statistics. Global education digest. Montreal: United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization; 2006.
Conflict of interest: None to report.