Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Comparison of mortality associated with methicillin-resistant and methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia: a meta-analysis.Clin Infect Dis. 2003; 36: 53-59
- Clostridium difficile-associated disease in U.S. hospitals, 1993-2005.AHRQ Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project Statistical Brief. 2008; 50: 1-11
- Attributable costs and length of stay of an extended-spectrum β-lactamase-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae outbreak in a neonatal intensive care unit.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2003; 24: 601-606
- The impact of methicillin resistance in Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia on patient outcomes: mortality, length of stay, and hospital charges.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2005; 26: 166-174
- Antimicrobial resistance and molecular epidemiology of vancomycin-resistant enterococci from North America and Europe: a report from the SENTRY antimicrobial surveillance program.Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2007; 58: 163-170
- Hospitalizations and deaths caused by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, United States, 1999-2005.Emerg Infect Dis. 2007; 13: 1840-1846
- Clostridium difficile: a formidable foe.CMAJ. 2004; 171: 47-48
- Fluoroquinolone use and Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea.Emerg Infect Dis. 2003; 9: 730-733
- Should we vigorously try to contain and control methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus?.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 1991; 12: 46-54
- Management of multidrug-resistant organisms in healthcare settings.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta [GA]2006
Association of Professionals in Infection Control, Inc. Elimination of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) transmission in hospital settings. 2007. Available from: http://www.apic.org/Content/NavigationMenu/PracticeGuidance/APICEliminationGuides/mrsa_elim_guide.pdf. Accessed April 12, 2010.
- SHEA guideline for preventing nosocomial transmission of multidrug-resistant strains of Staphylococcus aureus and Enterococcus.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2003; 24: 639-641
- Another tale of two guidelines.Clin Infect Dis. 2006; 43 (author reply 7-8): 796-797
- SHEA guideline for preventing nosocomial transmission of multidrug-resistant strains of Staphylococcus aureus and enterococcus.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2003; 24: 362-386
- Effectiveness of barrier precautions and surveillance cultures to control transmission of multidrug-resistant organisms: a systematic review of the literature.Am J Infect Control. 2006; 34: 484-494
- The use of active surveillance cultures in adult intensive care units to reduce methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus-related morbidity, mortality, and costs: a systematic review.Clin Infect Dis. 2008; 46: 1717-1725
- Isolation measures in the hospital management of methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA): systematic review of the literature.BMJ. 2004; 329: 533
- The role of patient isolation and compliance with isolation practices in the control of nosocomial MRSA in acute care.Int J Evid Based Healthc. 2008; 6: 206-224
- Preventing MRSA infections: finding it is not enough.JAMA. 2008; 299: 1190-1192
- Considering the introduction of universal MRSA screening.J Hosp Infect. 2008; 69: 315-320
- National prevalence of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in inpatients at US health care facilities, 2006.Am J Infect Control. 2007; 35: 631-637
- Are there regional variations in the diagnosis, surveillance, and control of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus?.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2003; 24: 334-341
- Management of inpatients colonized or infected with antimicrobial-resistant bacteria in hospitals in the United States.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2005; 26: 138-143
- Design effects in the transition to web-based surveys.Am J Prev Med. 2007; 32: S90-S96
- The quality of care. How can it be assessed?.JAMA. 1988; 260: 1743-1748
- Regression analysis of count data.Cambridge University Press, Cambridge [England]1998
UCLA: Academic Technology Services, Statistical Consulting Group. How can I analyze count data in Stata? Available from: http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/faq/count.htm. Accessed December 20, 2010.
- CDC/NHSN surveillance definition of health care-associated infection and criteria for specific types of infections in the acute care setting.Am J Infect Control. 2008; 36: 309-332
California Health and Safety Code: Medical Facility Infection Control and Prevention Act. 296 CCR, Section 12558; 2008.
- Hospital methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus active surveillance practices in Los Angeles County: implications of legislation-based infection control, 2008.Am J Infect Control. 2010; 38: 653-656
- Use of central venous catheter-related bloodstream infection prevention practices by US hospitals.Mayo Clin Proc. 2007; 82: 672-678
Conflicts of interest: None to report.