Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Strategies to prevent transmission of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in acute care hospitals.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2008; 29: S62-S80
- Risk and outcome of nosocomial Staphylococcus aureus bacteraemia in nasal carriers versus non-carriers.Lancet. 2004; 364: 703-705
- 2007 Guideline for isolation precautions: preventing transmission of infectious agents in health care settings.Am J Infect Control. 2007; 35: S65-S164
- Implementation of an infection control bundle in a school to reduce transmission of influenza-like illness during the novel influenza A 2009 H1N1 pandemic.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010; 31: 310-311
- An intervention to decrease catheter-related bloodstream infections in the ICU.N Engl J Med. 2006; 355: 2725-2732
- Decreasing ventilator-associated pneumonia in adult intensive care units using the Institute for Healthcare Improvement bundle.Am J Infect Control. 2010; 38: 552-556
- Outcome of a strategy to reduce surgical site infection in a tertiary-care hospital.Surg Infect. 2010; 11: 151-159
- Successful eradication of a monoclonal strain of Klebsiella pneumoniae during a K pneumoniae carbapenemase-producing K pneumoniae outbreak in a surgical intensive care unit in Miami, Florida.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010; 31: 1074-1077
- Veterans Affairs initiative to prevent methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections.N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: 1419-1430
- Effectiveness of barrier precautions and surveillance cultures to control transmission of multidrug-resistant organisms: a systematic review of the literature.Am J Infect Control. 2006; 34: 484-494
- A prospective study to determine whether cover gowns in addition to gloves decrease nosocomial transmission of vancomycin-resistant enterococci in an intensive care unit.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2002; 23: 424-428
- To gown or not to gown: the effect on acquisition of vancomycin-resistant enterococci.Clin Infect Dis. 2002; 35: 18-25
- A comparison of the effect of universal use of gloves and gowns with that of glove use alone on acquisition of vancomycin-resistant enterococci in a medical intensive care unit.Ann Intern Med. 1996; 125: 448-456
- Comparison of routine glove use and contact-isolation precautions to prevent transmission of multidrug-resistant bacteria in a long-term care facility.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2004; 52: 2003-2009
- Intervention to reduce transmission of resistant bacteria in intensive care.N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: 1407-1418
- Trial of universal gloving with emollient-impregnated gloves to promote skin health and prevent the transmission of multidrug-resistant organisms in a surgical intensive care unit.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010; 31: 491-497
National Healthcare Safety Network. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/psc.html. Accessed March 1, 2011.
Conflicts of interest: None to report.