Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus central line-associated bloodstream infections in US intensive care units, 1997-2007.JAMA. 2009; 301: 727-736
- Health care-associated invasive MRSA infections, 2005-2008.JAMA. 2010; 304: 641-647
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) nares colonization at hospital admission and its effect on subsequent MRSA infection.Clin Infect Dis. 2004; 39: 776-782
- Methicillin-resistant staphylococcal colonization and infection in a long-term care facility.Ann Intern Med. 1991; 114: 107-112
- The impact of methicillin resistance in Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia on patient outcomes: mortality, length of stay, and hospital charges.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2005; 26: 166-174
- Adverse clinical and economic outcomes attributable to methicillin resistance among patients with Staphylococcus aureus surgical site infection.Clin Infect Dis. 2003; 36: 592-598
- What proportion of hospital patients colonized with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus are identified by clinical microbiological cultures?.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2006; 27: 116-121
- Epidemiology of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus colonization in a surgical intensive care unit.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2006; 27: 1032-1040
- Active surveillance cultures are not required to control MRSA infections in the critical care setting.Am J Infect Control. 2008; 36: 461-463
- Impact of routine intensive care unit surveillance cultures and resultant barrier precautions on hospital-wide methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia.Clin Infect Dis. 2006; 43: 971-978
- Impact of active surveillance on methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus transmission and hospital resource utilisation.J Hosp Infect. 2009; 74: 232-237
- 5 Million Lives Campaign. Case study: an MRSA intervention at Evanston Northwestern Healthcare.Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2007; 33: 732-738
- Universal surveillance for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in 3 affiliated hospitals.Ann Intern Med. 2008; 148: 409-418
- Controlling methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus: quantifying the effects of interventions and rapid diagnostic testing.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006; 103: 5620-5625
- Successful control of widespread methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus colonization and infection in a large teaching hospital in the Netherlands.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2007; 28: 970-975
- Costs associated with a strict policy to eradicate methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in a Dutch University Medical Center: a 10-year survey.Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2002; 21: 782-786
- SHEA guideline for preventing nosocomial transmission of multidrug-resistant strains of Staphylococcus aureus and Enterococcus.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2003; 24: 362-386
Siegel J, Rhinehart E, Jackson M, Chiarello L. Management of multidrug-resistant organisms in healthcare settings; 2006. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/hicpac/pdf/MDRO/MDROGuideline2006.pdf. Accessed April 22, 2013.
- The use of active surveillance cultures in adult intensive care units to reduce methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus-related morbidity, mortality, and costs: a systematic review.Clin Infect Dis. 2008; 46: 1717-1725
- Legislative mandates for use of active surveillance cultures to screen for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and vancomycin-resistant enterococci: position statement from the Joint SHEA and APIC Task Force.Am J Infect Control. 2007; 35: 73-85
- Clustering and risk factors of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus carriage in two Italian long-term care facilities.Infection. 2009; 37: 216-221
- Evaluating the probability of previously unknown carriage of MRSA at hospital admission.Am J Med. 2006; 119: 275.e15-275.e23
- Improving efficiency in active surveillance for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus or vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus at hospital admission.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010; 31: 1230-1235
- Prediction rules to identify patients with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and vancomycin-resistant enterococci upon hospital admission.Am J Infect Control. 2004; 32: 436-440
- Universal screening for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus: interim results from the NHS Scotland pathfinder project.J Hosp Infect. 2010; 74: 35-41
- Risk factors for colonization with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) in patients admitted to an urban hospital: emergence of community-associated MRSA nasal carriage.Clin Infect Dis. 2005; 41: 159-166
- Evaluation of rapid screening and pre-emptive contact isolation for detecting and controlling methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in critical care: an interventional cohort study.Crit Care. 2006; 10: R25
- A predictive model for identifying surgical patients at risk of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus carriage on admission.J Am Coll Surg. 2008; 207: 683-689
- Multivariable prognostic models: issues in developing models, evaluating assumptions and adequacy, and measuring and reducing errors.Stat Med. 1996; 15: 361-387
Supported by NIH/NCRR/NCATS CTSA grant number UL1 RR024150 .
The contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the NIH.
Conflicts of interest: None to report.