Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Guideline for hand hygiene in health-care settings: recommendations of the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee and the HIPAC/SHEA/APIC/IDSA Hand Hygiene Task Force.Am J Infect Control. 2002; 30: S1-46
- Positive deviance: a new strategy for improving hand hygiene compliance.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010; 31: 12-20
- Effectiveness of a hospital-wide programme to improve compliance with hand antisepsis.Lancet. 2000; 356: 1307-1312
- Handwashing compliance by health care workers: the impact of introducing an accessible, alcohol-based hand antiseptic.Arch Intern Med. 2000; 160: 1017-1021
- Better: a surgeon's notes on performance.Metropolitan Books, New York [NY]2007
- The power of positive deviance.BMJ. 2004; 329: 1177-1179
Positive Deviance Initiative. Available from: http://www.positivedeviance.org. Accessed May 23, 2010.
- Positive deviance: a program for sustained improvement in hand hygiene compliance.Am J Infect Control. 2011; 39: 1-5
- A mobile handheld computing application for recording hand hygiene observations.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010; 31: 975-977
- “My Five Moments for Hand Hygiene”: a user-centered design approach to understand, train, monitor and report hand hygiene.J Hosp Infect. 2007; 67: 9-21
- CDC/NHSN surveillance definition of health care-associated infection and criteria for specific types of infections in the acute care setting.Am J Infect Control. 2008; 36: 309-332
- WHO guidelines on hand hygiene in healthcare (advanced draft): a summary.World Health Organization, Geneva [Switzerland]2009
- Impact of a hospital-wide hand hygiene initiative on healthcare-associated infections: results of an interrupted time series.BMJ Qual Saf. 2012; 21: 1019-1026
- Evaluation of the national Clean your hands campaign to reduce Staphylococcus aureus bacteraemia and Clostridium difficile infection in hospitals in England and Wales by improved hand hygiene: four year, prospective, ecological, interrupted time series study.BMJ. 2012; 344 (e3005)
- An integrative review of the current evidence on the relationship between hand hygiene interventions and the incidence of health care-associated infections.Am J Infect Control. 2008; 36: 333-348
- Dissemination of the CDC's hand hygiene guideline and impact on infection rates.Am J Infect Control. 2007; 35: 666-675
- Liquid versus gel handrub formulation: a prospective intervention study.Crit Care. 2007; 11: R52
- Twenty-four-hour observational study of hospital hand hygiene compliance.J Hosp Infect. 2010; 76: 252-255
- Compliance with hand hygiene in patients with meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and extended-spectrum β-lactamase-producing enterobacteria.J Hosp Infect. 2010; 76: 320-323
- A systematic review of quasi-experimental study designs in the fields of infection control and antibiotic resistance.Clin Infect Dis. 2005; 41: 77-82
Conflicts of interest: None to report.