Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Clostridium difficile infection: new developments in epidemiology and pathogenesis.Nat Rev Microbiol. 2009; 7: 526-536
- Isolation of Clostridium difficile from the environment and contacts of patients with antibiotic-associated colitis.J Infect Dis. 1981; 143: 42-50
- Nosocomial acquisition of Clostridium difficile infection.N Engl J Med. 1989; 320: 204-210
- Clinical and molecular epidemiology of sporadic and clustered cases of nosocomial Clostridium difficile diarrhea.Am J Med. 1996; 100: 32-40
- Persistence of skin contamination and environmental shedding of Clostridium difficile during and after treatment of C. difficile infection.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010; 31: 21-27
- Exposure to hospital roommates as a risk factor for health care-associated infection.Am J Infect Control. 2010; 38: 173-181
- Clostridium difficile–associated disease in a setting of endemicity: identification of novel risk factors.Clin Infect Dis. 2007; 45: 1543-1549
- Risk of acquiring antibiotic-resistant bacteria from prior room occupants.Arch Intern Med. 2006; 166: 1945-1951
- The role of physical proximity in nosocomial diarrhea.Clin Infect Dis. 2000; 31: 717-722
- Evaluation of hospital room assignment and acquisition of Clostridium difficile infection.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2011; 32: 201-206
Conflict of interest: None of the following authors has a conflict of interest (JFE: no conflict, LV: no conflict, MZ: no conflict, ED: no conflict, LJ: no conflict).
Financial support: No financial support has been received for this scientific work. ED has worked as a consultant for Pfizer, Merck, Sanofi-Pasteur, and Optimer, and has research funded by Merck , Viropharma , Optimer , and Sanofi-Pasteur .