Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Contamination of health care personnel during removal of personal protective equipment.JAMA Intern Med. 2015; 175: 1904-1910
- Transfer of multidrug-resistant bacteria to healthcare workers' gloves and gowns after patient contact increases with environmental contamination.Crit Care Med. 2012; 40: 1045-1051
- Acquisition of Clostridium difficile on hands of healthcare personnel caring for patients with resolved C. difficile infection.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2016; 37: 475-477
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Sequence for putting on personal protective equipment (PPE). Available from: https://www.cdc.gov/hai/pdfs/ppe/ppe-sequence.pdf. Accessed October 1, 2018.
- Comparison of hand contamination rates and environmental contamination levels between two different glove removal methods and distances.Am J Infect Control. 2011; 39: 104-111
- Modified gloves: a chance for the prevention of nosocomial infections.Am J Infect Control. 2018; 46: 266-269
Emory University. “Beak Method” glove removal technique. Available from: https://scholarblogs.emory.edu/ranews/2015/01/01/beak-method-glove-removal-technique/. Accessed October 1, 2018.
- An intervention to reduce health care personnel hand contamination during care of patients with Clostridium difficile infection.Am J Infect Control. 2015; 43: 1366-1367
- A novel, sporicidal formulation of ethanol for glove decontamination to prevent Clostridium difficile hand contamination during glove removal.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2016; 37: 337-339
- Effect of single versus double-gloving on virus transfer to healthcare workers’ skin and clothing during removal of personal protective equipment.Am J Infect Control. 2012; 40: 369-374
Funding/support: This work was supported by Merit Review Grant No. 1 I01 BX002944-01A1 from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs to C.J.D.
Conflicts of interest: C.J.D has received research grants from Merck, Pfizer, GOJO, Clorox, PDI, and EcoLab. All other authors report no conflicts of interest relevant to this article.