Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- The nationwide nosocomial infection rate: a new need for vital statistics.Am J Epidemiol. 1985; 121: 159-167
- Selected aspects of the socioeconomic impact of nosocomial infection: morbidity, mortality, cost, and prevention.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 1996; 17: 552-557
- A randomized crossover study of silver-coated urinary catheters in hospitalized patients.Arch Intern Med. 2000; 160: 3294-3298
- MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 1992; 41: 783-787
- Clinical and economic consequences of nosocomial catheter-related bacteriuria.Am J Infect Control. 2000; 28: 68-75
- Effect of silver oxide/tricholoroisocyanuric acid antimicrobial urinary drainage system on catheter-associated bacteriuria.J Urol. 1988; 139: 69-73
- Prophylaxis of indwelling urethral catheter infection. Clinical experience with a modified Foley catheter and drainage system.J Urol. 1979; 121: 40-42
- Prevention of catheter-associated urinary tract infections by use of silver-impregnated catheters.Lancet. 1986; 2: 1031
- Prevention of catheter-associated urinary tract infection with a silver oxide-coated urinary catheter: clinical and microbiologic correlates.J Infect Dis. 1990; 162: 1145-1150
- Refinements in the coating of urethral catheters reduce the incidence of catheter-associated bacteriuria. An experimental and clinical study.Eur Urol. 1990; 17: 236-240
- A large randomized clinical trial of silver-impregnated urinary catheter: lack of efficacy and staphylococcal superinfection.Am J Med. 1995; 98: 349-356
- The efficacy of silver alloy-coated urinary catheters in preventing urinary tract infection: a meta-analysis.Am J Med. 1998; 105: 236-241
- A novel silver-hydrogel-impregnated indwelling urinary catheter reduces CAUTIs: a prospective double-blind trial.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 1998; 19 ([Abstract 10.]): 682
- A silver opportunity for reducing nosocomial urinary tract infections.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 1998; 17 ([Abstract S28]): 700
- Clinical application of the Bardex IC Foley catheter.Eur Urol. 1999; 36: 240-246
- Hydrogel-silver ion-coated urinary catheter reduces nosocomial urinary tract infection rates in intensive care unit patients: a multicenter study.Urology. 1999; 54: 982-987
- The potential clinical and economic benefits of silver alloy urinary catheters in preventing urinary tract infection.Arch Intern Med. 2000; 160: 2670-2675
*Reprint requests: Kwan Kew Lai, DMD, MD, UMass Memorial Medical Center, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, MA 01655.