Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Guideline for hand hygiene in health care settings: recommendations of the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee and the HICPAC/SHEA/APIC/IDSA Hand Hygiene Task Force.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2002; 51: 1-45
- CDC guidelines for handwashing and hospital environmental control, 1985.Infect Control. 1986; 7: 231-243
- A causal link between handwashing and risk of infection? Examination of the evidence.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 1988; 9: 28-36
- Foodborne disease: controlling the problem.J Environ Health. 1997; 59: 15-19
- The significance of hand drying after handwashing.in: Culinary arts and science III, global and national perspectives. Worshipful Company of Cooks Centre for Culinary Research at Bournemouth University, Bournemouth (UK)2001: 294-301
- Hand drying methods.Nurs Times. 1987; 83: 71-74
- Reducing transmission of infectious agents in the home, part II: control points.Dairy, Food, Environ Sanit. 2000; 20: 418-425
- Dispersal of bacteria by an electric air hand dryer.Malays J Pathol. 1989; 11: 53-56
- Hand drying by means of disposable products and hot air.Le Prevention Bucco dentaire. 1980; 4: 24-25
- The significance of hand-drying in the prevention of infection.Nurs Times. 1994; 90: 33-35
- The importance of evaluating product dispensers when selecting alcohol-based handrubs.Am J Infect Control. 2002; 30: 373-375
- A descriptive study of the handwashing environment in a long-term care facility.Clin Nurs Res. 1997; 6: 363-374
- Environmental surface cleanliness and the potential for contamination during handwashing.Am J Infect Control. 2003; 31: 93-96
- Pathogenic and indicator bacteria associated with handwashing and drying contact surfaces.J Food Prot. 2001; 64: 95
- Fitting the task to the man: an ergonomic approach.4th ed. Taylor and Francis Inc, London (UK)1988
- Disinfection, sterilization, and preservation.4th ed. Lea and Febiger, Pennsylvania (PA)1991
- An organizational climate intervention associated with increased handwashing and decreased nosocomial infections.Behav Med. 2000; 26: 14-22
- A clean bill of health? A review of domestic services in Scottish hospitals.Audit Scotland. 2000;
*Supported by a grant from Georgia-Pacific Health Smart Institute.
**Reprint requests: Christopher J. Griffith, PhD, School of Applied Sciences, University of Wales Institute, Cardiff, Colchester Ave, Cardiff CF23 9XR, United Kingdom.