Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
International Organization for Standardization. Draft ISO 11607–1 Packaging for terminally sterilized medical devices: Part 1: Requirements for materials, sterile barrier systems and packaging systems. 2004. ISO copyright office, Case postale 56, CH-1211 Geneva 20; 2004.
European Committee for Standardization CEN. EN 556-1: Requirements for medical devices to be designated “STERILE”: Part 1: Requirements for terminally sterilized medical devices. 2001. CEN, rue de Stassart 36, B-1050 Bruessel; 2001.
- Event-related test for evidence of sterile integrity of wrapped medical devices at the 1:1,000,000 level.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2006; (in press)
- Preliminary results for a new final package test to assess the quality of sterile package systems.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2004; 25: 26-29
The American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM). F1608–00 Standard test method for microbial ranking of porous packaging materials (exposure chamber method). ASTM International, 100 Barr Harbor Drive, PO Box C700, West Conshohocken, PA 19428-2959 United States; 2002.
European Committee for Standardization CEN. EN 868-1: Packaging materials and systems for medical devices which are to be sterilized: Part 1: General requirements and test methods. 1997. CEN, rue de Stassart 36, B-1050 Bruessel; 1997.
- Hygienic-microbiological and technical testing of sterilizer container systems.Zentr Steril. 1999; 7: 154-162
- Evaluation of the shelf life of sterile instrument packs.Oral Surg Oral Pathol. 1991; 72: 650-654
- Effect of long-term storage on sterile status of devices on surgical packs.Infect Control. 1987; 8: 289-293
- Rethinking sterilization practices: evidence for event-related outdating.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2003; 24: 622-624
- Long-term storage of small surgical instruments in autoclaved packages.Asian J Surg. 2003; 26: 202-204
- Safe storage times for sterile dental packs.Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1990; 70: 297-300