Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Impact of post-discharge surveillance on surgical-site infection rates for coronary artery bypass procedures.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2002; 23: 364-367
- Post-discharge surveillance of surgical site infections: a multi-method approach to data collection.Am J Infect Control. 2002; 30: 417-424
- Comparative study of surgical wound infection diagnosed in-hospital and post discharge.Rev Saude Publica. 2002; 36: 717-722
- A comparison of competing method for detection of surgical-site infections in patients undergoing total arthroplasty of the knee, partial and total arthroplasty of hip and femoral or similar vascular bypass.J Hosp Infect. 2004; 57: 189-193
- Can hospital discharge diagnoses be used for surveillance of surgical-site infections?.J Hosp Infect. 2004; 56: 239-241
- The effect of surveillance on surgical wound infection rates.J Tissue Viability. 1999; 9: 57-60
- Surgical wound infection surveillance.Zentralbl Chir. 2003; 128: 1038-1046
- Surgical site infection surveillance.J Hosp Infect. 2000; 45: 173-184
- Surgical site infections in cardiac surgery: an 11-year perspective.Am J Infect Control. 2004; 32: 63-68
- A systematic audit of economic evidence linking nosocomial infections and infection control interventions.Am J Infect Control. 2002; 30: 145-152
- Definition of key terms used in the NNIS system.Am J Infect Control. 1997; 25: 112-116
- The NNIS System: plans for 1990s and beyond.Am J Med. 1991; 91: S116-S120
- National nosocomial infection surveillance system-based study in Iran: additional hospital stay attributable to nosocomial infections.Am J Infect Control. 2003; 31: 465-468
- Nosocomial infection rates for inter-hospital comparison: limitations and possible solutions.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 1991; 12: 609-621
- National nosocomial infection surveillance system (NNIS): description of surveillance methods.Am J Infect Control. 1991; 19: 19-35
- Benchmarking for prevention: the CDC's NNIS system experience.Infection. 2003; 31: 44-48
- Surgical wound infection surveillance: the importance of infections that develop after hospital discharge.Aust N Z J Surg. 1999; 69: 117-120
- Evaluation of two retrospective active surveillance methods for the detection of nosocomial infection in surgical patients.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2000; 21: 24-27
- Electronic chart review as an aid to post-discharge surgical site surveillance: increased case finding.Am J Infect Control. 2001; 29: 329-332
Draper SW. 2002, May 14. The Hawthorne effect and other expected effects [WWW document]. Available at: http://www.psy.gla.ac.uk/∼steve/hawth.html. Accessed April 24, 2006.
No funding was received for this study.