Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
Prüss-Üstün A, Rapiti E, Hutin Y. Sharps injuries: Global burden of disease from sharps injuries to health-care workers. Environmental Burden of disease series No.3, WHO 2003:1-39.
- Occupationally acquired infections in health care workers. Part II.Ann Intern Med. 1996; 125: 917-928
Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention. Workbook for designing, implementing, and evaluating a sharps injury prevention program. 2004. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/sharpssafety/. Accessed July 1, 2005.
Netcraft. October 2005 Web server survey. 2005. Available at: http://news.netcraft.com/archives/web_server_survey.html. Accessed October 25, 2005.
The Radicati Group Inc. Worldwide E-mail traffic, 2005-2009. Available at: http://www.radicati.com. Accessed July 10, 2005.
- Electronic mail as an academic discussion forum.J Doc. 1994; 50: 99-110
- Internet mailing lists: A primer.J R Coll Surg Edinb. 2000; 45: 122-126
Ethnologue. Languages of the World, 2004. Available at: http://www.ethnologue.com/home.asp. Accessed January 29, 2006.
Matzat U. Informal academic communication and scientific usage of internet discussion groups. Available at: http://sosig.ac.uk/iriss/papers/paper19.htm. Accessed July 10, 2005.
- Do electronic mail discussion lists act as virtual colleagues?.Proc AMIA Annu Fall Symp. 1997; 8280: 325-329
- Medical information on the Internet: A study of an electronic bulletin board.J Gen Intern Med. 1997; 12: 466-470
- ProMED-mail: An early warning system for emerging diseases.Clin Infect Dis. 2004; 39: 227-232
- Using Internet as an educational/survey tool.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1996; 98: 908-909
Members of Riscobiologico.org Project: M. R. Resende, MD, PhD; R. A. M. Lopes, RN, MSc; C. M. Rosa, MD; R. M. Figueiredo, RN, PhD; E. Gir, RN, PhD; S. M. C. Chaves, MD; and V. Vellozo, PhD.
“Projeto Riscobiologico.org” was partially supported by a grant from Becton, Dickinson and Co; by a grant from Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES; to C. R.); and by grants from Fogarty International Center/USNIH (2D43TW00010) and from Fundação Carlos Chagas de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado do Rio de Janeiro (FAPERJ; to F. B.).