Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Methodologies and results of national surveillance.Baillieres Clinical Infectious Diseases. 1996; 3: 159-178
- Hand hygiene.BMJ. 2001; 323: 411-412
- Now please wash your hands: the handwashing behaviour of final MBBS candidates.J Hosp Infect. 2000; 45: 62-64
- Effectiveness of a hospital-wide programme to improve compliance with hand hygiene.Lancet. 2000; 356: 1307-1312
- Handwashing: a modest measure — with big effects.BMJ. 1999; 318: 686
- Outbreak of Enterobacter cloacae related to understaffing, overcrowding, and poor hygiene practices.Infect Control & Hosp Epid. 1999; 20: 598-603
- The role of understaffing in central venous catheter-associated bloodstream infections.Infect Control & Hosp Epid. 1996; 17: 150-158
- Bed occupancy and overcrowding as determinant factors in the incidence of MRSA infections within general ward settings.J Hosp Infect. 2003; 54: 316-318
- Risk factors for the transmission of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in an adult intensive care unit: fitting a model to the data.J Infect Dis. 2002; 185: 481-488
- Patient density, nurse-to-patient ratio and nosocomial infection risk in a pediatric cardiac intensive care unit.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 1997; 16: 1045-1048
- Compliance with handwashing in a teaching hospital.Annals Int Med. 1999; 130: 126-130
- Compliance with handwashing and barrier precautions.J Hosp Infect. 1995; 30: 88-106
- Nosocomial transmission of antibiotic-resistant microorganisms.Curr Op Infect Dis. 2001; 14: 437-442
- Vancomycin-resistant enterococci in intensive-care hospital settings: Transmission dynamics, persistence, and the impact of infection control programs.Proc Nat Acad Sci. 1999; 96: 6908-6913
- Understanding the spread of antibiotic resistant pathogens in hospitals: Mathematical models as tools for control.Clin Infect Dis. 2001; 33: 1739-1746
- The effect of increased bed numbers on MRSA transmission in acute medical wards.J Hosp Infect. 1998; 39: 213-219
- Improving compliance with hand hygiene in hospitals.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2000; 21: 381-386
- Preliminary analysis of the transmission dynamics of nosocomial infections: stochastic and management effects.J Hosp Infect. 1999; 43: 131-147
Department of health towards cleaner hospitals and lower rates of infection 2004. Available from: http://www.dh.gov.uk/assetRoot/04/08/58/61/04085861.pdf. Accessed October 8, 2005.