Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
Commission for Healthcare and Audit Inspection in England. Snapshot of Hospital Cleanliness 2005.
O'Brian A. Hospital cleaning to get standardised audits: move to monitor privatized housekeeping sparked by concern over infections 2005. Available from: http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/specials/websterawards/story.html?id=9ec7e122-9e91-479c-b30b-566a182d5e27. Accessed November 8, 2006.
National Audit Office Wales. The management and delivery of hospital cleaning services in Wales. May 2003.
Health service executive report on a national acute hospitals hygiene audit undertaken on behalf of the national hospitals office 2005. Available from: http://www.hse.ie/en/Publications/HSEPublications/FiletoUpload,2618,en.pdf. Accessed November 8, 2006.
Unison. Hospital contract cleaning and infection control 2005. Available from: http://www.unison.org.uk/acrobat/14564.pdf. Accessed November 8, 2006.
Department of Health. Revised guidelines on contracting for cleaning. NHS Estates, reference 4217; 2004. Available from: http://www.dh.gov.uk/PublicationsAndStatistics/Publications/PublicationsPolicyAndGuidance/PublicationsPolicyAndGuidanceArticle/fs/en?CONTENT_ID=4097532&chk=REP8s6. Accessed November 8, 2006.
Department of Health. Towards cleaner hospitals and lower rates of infection: a summary of action; 2004. Available from: http://www.dh.gov.uk/PublicationsAndStatistics/Publications/PublicationsPolicyAndGuidance/PublicationsPolicyAndGuidanceArticle/fs/en?CONTENT_ID=4085649&chk=yph9nL. Accessed November 8, 2006.
- How do we assess hospital cleaning? A proposal for microbiological standards for surface hygiene in hospitals.J Hosp Infect. 2004; 56: 10-15
- Monitoring the effectiveness of cleaning: detection and sampling.in: Lelieveld Mostert Holah White Improving hygiene in the food industry. Woodhead Publishing Ltd, Cambridge (UK)2005
BS EN 13549 Cleaning services. Basic requirements and recommendations for quality measuring systems 2001.
- The use of audit tools to evaluate the efficacy of cleaning systems in hospitals.Am J Infect Control. 2002; 31: 181-187
- An evaluation of hospital cleaning regimes and standards.J Hosp Infect. 2000; 45: 19-28
- Environmental surface cleanliness and the potential for contamination during handwashing.Am J Infect Control. 2003; 31: 93-96
Redmond EC, Griffith CJ. Evaluation of consumer food safety education initiatives in the UK and determination of effective strategies for food safety risk communication. A report for the Food Standards Agency, London 2005.
Swedish Food Agency. The Swedish Statute Book 1998; SLV SFS, 10.
Cleanzine. Available from: http://www.thecleanzine.com/pages2/Report-HealthcareHygiene.html. Accessed November 8, 2006.
Biotrace. Clean-Trace User Guide: Cooked meat. Accessed November 8, 2006. Available from: http://www.biotrace.co.uk/content.php?hID=5&nhID=82.
- How to clean: a management guide. MD Associates.Humberside. 1999;
NHS Scotland. Managing the risk of healthcare associated infection in NHS Scotland. Report of a Joint Scottish Executive Health Department and NHS Scotland Working Group, April 2001. Available from: http://www.show.scot.nhs.uk/sehd/mels/HDL2001_53Carey.pdf. Accessed November 8, 2006.
- Survival of bacteria under dry conditions, from a viewpoint of nosocomial infections.J Hosp Infect. 1991; 19: 191-200
- An assessment of the effectiveness of modified hospital cleaning protocols using visual, ATP bioluminescence, and microbiological analysis.J Hosp Infect. 2006; 64: 55-56