Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- How to assess risk of disease transmission to patients when there is a failure to follow recommended disinfection and sterilization guidelines.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2007; 28: 146-155
Kent County Health Department. Health Alert: Potential exposure to blood borne pathogens in a patient population. November 14, 2007. Available at: http://www.accesskent.com/Health/HealthDepartment/CD_Epid/pdfs/Stokes_Health_Alert.pdf. Accessed September 24, 2008.
New York State Department of Health, Statement by Health Commissioner Richard F. Daines, MD, December 14, 2007. Available at: http://www.health.state.ny.us/press/releases/2007/2007-12-4_finkelstein_statement.htm. Accessed December 15, 2007.
- Risk of infections associated with improperly reprocessed transrectal ultrasound-guided prostate biopsy equipment.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2008; 29: 289-293
- Disclosing harmful medical errors to patients.N Engl J Med. 2007; 356: 2713-2719
- Infectious disease complications of GI endoscopy: part II, exogenous infections.Gastrointest Endosc. 2003; 57: 695-711
- Lessons from outbreaks associated with bronchoscopy.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2001; 22: 403-408
- Healthcare should not be a vehicle for transmission of hepatitis C virus.J Hepatol. 2008; 48 (Epub 2007 Nov 8): 2-4
- Viral hepatitis transmission in ambulatory health care settings.Clin Infect Dis. 2004; 38: 1592-1598
- Patient-to-patient transmission of hepatitis C virus during colonscopy.N Engl J Med. 1997; 337: 237-240
- Nosocomial transmission of hepatitis C virus.Ann Int Med. 1999; 131: 794
- The risk of disease transmission associated with inadequate disinfection of gastrointestinal endoscopes.J Hosp Infect. 2006; 63: 345-347
- Transmission of infection by gastrointestinal endoscopy and broncoscopy.Ann Intern Med. 1993; 118: 117-128
- Follow-up and management of patients exposed to a flawed automated endoscope washer-disinfector in a digestive diseases unit.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2006; 27: 89-92
Siegel JD, Rhinehart E, Jackson M, Chiarello L, and the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee. 2007 Guideline for isolation precautions: preventing transmission of infectious agents in healthcare settings, June 2007. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dhqp/pdf/isolation2007.pdf. Accessed November 5, 2007.
- A comprehensive strategy to eliminate transmission of hepatitis B virus infection in the United States: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). Part II: Immunization of adults.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2006; 55: 1-33
- Antiretroviral postexposure prophylaxis after sexual, injection-drug use, or other nonoccupational exposure to HIV in the United States.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2005; 54: 1-21
- Guidelines for laboratory testing and results reporting of antibody to hepatitis C virus.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2003; 52: 1-16
Disclaimer: The findings and conclusions in this report are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Conflicts of interest: No conflicts of interest to report.