Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Appendix B: design of the Preliminary Screening Questionnaire and specifications for computing indexes of surveillance and control.Am J Epidemiol. 1980; 111: 613-621
- The usefulness of a conceptual model in the study of the efficacy of infection surveillance and control programs.Rev Infect Dis. 1981; 3: 775-780
- The SENIC Project. Study on the Efficacy of Nosocomial Infection Control (SENIC Project): summary of study design.Am J Epidemiol. 1980; 111: 472-485
- The SENIC sampling process: design for choosing hospitals and patients and results of sample selection.Am J Epidemiol. 1980; 111: 486-502
- The efficacy of infection surveillance and control programs in preventing nosocomial infections in US hospitals.Am J Epidemiol. 1985; 121: 182-205
- Characteristics of hospitals and infection control professionals participating in the National Nosocomial Infections Surveillance System 1999.Am J Infect Control. 2001; 29: 400-403
- From expert data collectors to interventionists: changing the focus for infection control professionals.Am J Infect Control. 2002; 30: 120-132
Real Pro, infection control specialist: Nancy Dupont. Healthwire issues May/June 2008. Available at: http://www.aft.org/pubs-reports/healthwire/issues/mayjune08/real_pro.htm. Accessed July 2, 2008.
- Practice analysis for infection control and epidemiology in the new millennium.Am J Infect Control. 2002; 30: 437-448
Cook RJ. Kappa. In: Armitage T, Colton P, editors. The Encyclopedia of biostatistics. New York: John Wiley & Sons; 1998. p. 2160–2166.
NHSN manual: patient safety component protocol. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dhqp/pdf/nhsn/NHSN_Manual_%20Patient_Safety_Protocol022307.pdf. Accessed February 23, 2007.
- Mail and telephone surveys: the total design method614.Wiley, New York1978
- The changing role of infection prevention practice as documented by the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology practice analysis survey.Am J Infect Control. 2008; 36: 241-249
- Measurement of infection control department performance: state of the science.Am J Infect Control. 2006; 34: 543-549
- Nurse staffing and HAI: a systematic review.Clin Infect Dis. 2008; 47: 937-944
Prevention and control of healthcare-associated infections in Massachusetts. Part 2: Findings from complementary research activities. Betsy Lehman Center for Patient Safety and Medical Error Reduction, JSI Research and Training Institute Inc, and Massachusetts Department of Public Health, 2008. Available at: http://www.mass.gov/Eeohhs2/docs/dph/patient_safety/haipcp_final_report_pt2.pdf. Accessed August 21, 2008.
New York State Hospital-Acquired Infection Reporting System, pilot year-2007. New York State Department of Health. Available at: http://www.health.state.ny.us/nysdoh/hospital/reports/hospital_acquired_infections/2007/docs/hospital-acquired_infection-full_report.pdf. Accessed August 21, 2008.
- Economies of scale in British intensive care units and combined intensive care/high dependency units.Intensive Care Med. 2004; 30: 660-664
- Staffing requirements for infection control programs in US health care facilities: Delphi project.Am J Infect Control. 2002; 30: 321-333
- Improving patient safety in intensive care units in Michigan.J Crit Care. 2008; 23: 207-221
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Reduction in central line-associated bloodstream infections among patients in intensive care units-Pennsylvania, April 2001-March 2005.MMWR. 2005; 54: 1013-1016
- What practices will most improve safety? Evidence-based medicine meets patient safety.JAMA. 2002; 288: 501-507
- Providing the right infrastructure to lead the culture change for patient safety.Jt Comm J Qual Improv. 2002; 28: 363-372
- The Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology white paper: the value of certification for infection control professionals.Am J Infect Control. 2007; 35: 150-156
- Why choice of survey mode makes a difference.Public Health Rep. 2006; 121: 11-13
- Design effects in the transition to web-based surveys.Am J Prev Med. 2007; 32: S90-S96
- Understanding self-report bias in organizational behavior research.J Bus Psychol. 2002; 17: 245-260
- Dissemination of CDC's Hand Hygiene Guideline and impact on infection rates.Am J Infect Control. 2007; 35: 666-675
Supported by the National Institute of Nursing Research R01NR010107, and pilot work conducted for this study was funded by NIH/NCRR P20RR020616.
Conflicts of interest: None to report.