- Rationale for Chinese gauze masks?.N Engl J Med. 1973; 289: 757
- Physical interventions to interrupt or reduce the spread of respiratory viruses: a systematic review.BMJ. 2008; 336 (Epub 2007 Nov 27): 77-80
- Network theory and SARS: predicting outbreak diversity.J Theor Biol. 2005; 232: 71-81
UCLA Asia Institute. Teaching about Japan: population density. Available at: http://www.isop.ucla.edu/eas/japan/geography/density1.htm Last updated: November 3, 2004. Accessed October 5, 2007.
- Influenza and rhinovirus infections among health-care workers.Respirology. 2007; 12: 100-103
- Transmission of the common cold to volunteers under controlled conditions. 1. The common cold as a clinical entity.Arch Intern Med. 1958; 101: 267-278
- Epidemiology of viral respiratory infections.Am J Med. 2002; 112: S4-S12
Ministry of Health Labour and Welfare (MHLW). Anti-flu general action in Japanese. Available at: http://www.mhlw.go.jp/bunya/kenkou/kekkaku-kansenshou01/. Accessed November 26, 2007.
UMIN Clinical Trials Registration number: UMIN000000981.
Conflicts of interest: None to report.