Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Bacterial biocontamination in residential settings. Encyclopedia of environmental microbiology.John Wiley & Sons, New York2002
- The role of the home environment in the transmission of infectious diseases.J Community Health. 2002; 27: 247-268
- Hygiene issues in the home.Am J Infect Control. 1999; 27: 22-25
Scott E, Gaber DJ, Cusack TM. Chemical disinfection of microbial contaminants on surfaces. In: Block S. Disinfection, sterilization and preservation. 5th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins.
- Colonization by Streptococcus pneumoniae and MSSA in health children.Lancet. 2004; 363: 1871-1872
- Diversity and sharing of Haemophilus influenzae strains and colonizing healthy children attending day-care centers.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2004; 23: 41-46
- Nasopharyngeal carriage of Streptococcus pneumoniae by adults and children in community and family settings.Clin Infect Dis. 2004; 38: 632-639
- An open randomized controlled trial of infection prevention in child day care centers.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 1999; 18: 672-677
- Guideline for infection control in health personnel.Am J Infect Control. 1998; 26: 298-354
- Provision and decontamination of uniforms in the NHS.Nurs Stand. 2005; 19: 41-45
Bloomfield SF, Cookson B, Falkiner F, Griffith C, Cleary, V. Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), Clostridium difficile, and ESBL-producing Escherichia coli in the home and community: assessing the problem, controlling the spread. 2006. Available from http://www.ifh-homehygiene.org/2003/2library/MRSA_expert_report.pdf. Accessed January 18, 2008.
- A pilot study to isolate Staphylococcus aureus and methicillin-resistant S aureus from from environmental surfaces in the home.Am J Infect Control. 2008; 36: 458-460
- Investigation of antibiotic and antibacterial cross-resistance in bacteria of medical interest from homes of antibacterial users and nonusers.J Appl Microbiol. 2003; 95: 664-676
- An investigation of microbial contamination in the home.J Hyg (Cambridge). 1982; 89: 279-293
- Refractory MRSA carriage associated with contamination of the home environment. Letter to the editor.J Hosp Infect. 1995; 25: 318-319
- Developing an effective policy for home hygiene: a risk-based approach.Int J Environ Health Res. 2003; 13: S57-S66
Supported by ReckittBenckiser and by a HSPH-NIOSH Education and Research Center Pilot Project Grant T42 OH008416-01.
Conflicts of interest: None to report.