Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- “My five moments for hand hygiene”: a user-centred design approach to understand, train, monitor and report hand hygiene.J Hosp Infect. 2007; 67: 9-21
- Effectiveness of hospital-wide programme to improve compliance with hand hygiene.Lancet. 2000; 356: 1307-1312
- Guideline for HH in healthcare settings.Morb Mortal Recomm Rep. 2002; 51: 1-44
- How good are handwashing practices?.Am J Nurs. 1974; 74: 1676-1678
New South Wales Government. Australia Overt Observational instructions and tool. Available from: http://www.cec.health.nsw.gov.au/pdf/cleanhands/report/appendix14.pdf. Accessed August 13, 2009.
- Compliance with handwashing and barrier precautions.J Hosp Infect. 1995; 30: 88-106
- The effectiveness of interventions aimed at increasing handwashing in healthcare workers: a systematic review.J Hosp Infect. 2001; 47: 173-180
- World Health Organization World Alliance for Patient Safety First Global Patient Safety Challenge Core Group of Experts. The World Health Organization guidelines on hand hygiene in health care and their consensus recommendations.Infect Cont Hosp Epidemiol. 2009; 30: 611-622
- Measurement of compliance with hand hygiene.J Hosp Infect. 2007; 66: 6-14
- Systematic observation of hand decontamination.Nurs Stand. 2004; 18: 39-44
Conflicts of interest: None to report.