Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- What is the evidence for a causal link between hygiene and infections?.Infect Dis. 2002; 2: 103-110
- Association between hand hygiene compliance and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus prevalence in a French rehabilitation hospital.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2006; 27: 1128-1130
- Handwashing compliance by health care workers.Arch Intern Med. 2000; 160: 1017-1021
- Monitoring hand hygiene compliance in a university-affiliated medical center (abstract).Am J Infect Control. 2005; 33: E47-E48
- Compliance with handwashing in a teaching hospital.Ann Intern Med. 1999; 130: 126-130
- 2007 Guideline for isolation precautions: preventing transmission of infectious agents in health care settings.Am J Infect Control. 2007; 35: S65-164
- Limited impact of sustained simple feedback based on soap and paper towel consumption on the frequency of hand washing in an adult intensive care unit.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2002; 23: 120-126
- The World Health Organization guidelines on hand hygiene in health care and their consensus recommendations.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2009; 30: 611-623
- Electronic monitoring and voice prompts improve hand hygiene and decrease nosocomial infections in an intermediate care unit.Crit Care Med. 2004; 32: 358-363
- A controlled trial of universal gloving versus contact precautions for preventing the transmission of multidrug-resistant organisms.Am J Infect Control. 2007; 35: 650-655
- Multidrug-resistant bacteria infection control: study of compliance with isolation precautions in a Paris university hospital.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2001; 22: 109-111
- Compliance with isolation precautions at a university hospital.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2007; 28: 358-361
- Measurement of compliance with hand hygiene.J Hosp Infect. 2007; 66: 6-14
- A qualitative exploration of reason for poor hand hygiene among hospital workers: lack of positive role models and of convincing evidence that hand hygiene prevents cross-infection.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2009; 30: 415-419
Conflicts of interest: None to report.