Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Effectiveness of a hospital-wide programme to improve compliance with hand hygiene.Lancet. 2000; 356: 1307-1312
- Time-series analysis of the impact of bed occupancy rates on the incidence of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection in overcrowded general wards.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2008; 29: 496-502
- MRSA acquisition in an intensive care unit.Am J Infect Control. 2006; 34: 10-17
- Econometric analysis.Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ1997
- Modeling the impact of antibiotic use and infection control practices on the incidence of hospital-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus: a time-series analysis.J Antimicrob Chemother. 2008; 62: 593-600
- Two time-series analyses of the impact of antibiotic consumption and alcohol-based hand disinfection on the incidences of nosocomial methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection and Clostridium difficile infection.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2009; 30: 346-353
- Temporal effects of antibiotic use and hand rub consumption on the incidence of MRSA and Clostridium difficile.J Antimicrob Chemother. 2008; 62: 601-607
- Association between use of hand hygiene products and rates of health care-associated infections in a large university hospital in Norway.Am J Infect Control. 2009; 37: 311-317
- The impact of antimicrobial drug consumption and alcohol-based hand rub use on the emergence and spread of extended-spectrum (β)-lactamase-producing strains: a time-series analysis.J Antimicrob Chemother. 2009; 63: 609-614
- An integrative review of the current evidence on the relationship between hand hygiene interventions and the incidence of health care-associated infections.Am J Infect Control. 2008; 36: 333-348
Supported by the University Medical Center Freiburg , which was supported by Schülke & Mayr GmbH , Norderstedt, Germany, for introduction of coloring and perfume-free alcohol-based hand rub and by the European Commission (Project BURDEN, Project commissioned by DG SANCO, grant agreement No. 2005203 ; http://www.eu-burden.info) (to K. K. and U. F.) for the research on health and economic impacts of antimicrobial resistance.
A. C. and K. K. contributed equally to this study.
Conflicts of interest: None to report.