Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Clostridium difficile‒associated diarrhea and colitis.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 1995; 16: 459-477
- Healthcare costs and mortality associated with nosocomial diarrhea due to Clostridium difficile.Clin Infect Dis. 2002; 34: 346-353
- Mortality attributable to nosocomial Clostridium difficile‒associated disease during an epidemic caused by a hypervirulent strain in Quebec.CMAJ. 2005; 173: 1037-1042
- Narrative review: the new epidemic of Clostridium difficile‒associated enteric disease.Ann Intern Med. 2006; 145: 758-764
- An epidemic, toxin gene-variant strain of Clostridium difficile.N Engl J Med. 2005; 353: 2433-2441
- A large outbreak of Clostridium difficile‒associated disease with an unexpected proportion of death and colectomies at a teaching hospital following increased fluoroquinolone use.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2005; 26: 273-280
- Restriction of third-generation cephalosporin use reduces the incidence of Clostridium difficile‒associated diarrhea in hospitalized patients.Commun Dis Intell. 2003; 27: S28-S31
- Treatment of Clostridium difficile‒associated disease: old therapies and new strategies.Lancet Infect Dis. 2005; 5: 549-557
- A predominantly clonal multi-institutional outbreak of Clostridium difficile‒associated diarrhea with high morbidity and mortality.N Engl J Med. 2005; 353: 2442-2449
- Attributable outcomes of endemic Clostridium difficile‒associated disease in nonsurgical patients.Emerg Infect Dis. 2008; 14: 1031-1038
- Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee and the HICPAC/SHEA/APIC/IDSA Hand Hygiene Task Force. Guideline for hand hygiene in health care settings.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2002; 51: 1-45
- Provision of alcohol hand rub at the hospital bedside: a case study.J Hosp Infect. 2004; 56: S10-S12
- Marketing hand hygiene in hospitals: a case study.J Hosp Infect. 2002; 50: 42-47
- Lack of association between the increased incidence of Clostridium difficile‒associated disease and the increasing use of alcohol-based hand rubs.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2006; 27: 479-483
- Strategies to prevent Clostridium difficile infections in acute care hospitals.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2008; 29: S81-S92
- Categorical data analysis using the SAS system.2nd ed. SAS Institute Inc, Cary (NC)2000
- Comparison of two in vivo and two ex vivo tests to assess the antibacterial activity of several antiseptics.J Hosp Infect. 2004; 58: 115-121
- Clostridium difficile: more difficult than ever.N Engl J Med. 2008; 359: 1932-1940
Conflicts of interest: None to report.