Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
Center for Disease Control: H1N1 flu prevention and treatment. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/H1N1flu/qa.htm. Accessed August 22, 2009.
- Effect of hand hygiene on infectious disease risk in the community setting: a meta-analysis.In: Am J Public Health. 2008; 98: 1372-1381
- Effect of washing hands with soap on diarrhoea risk in the community: a systematic review.Lancet Infect Dis. 2003; 3: 275-281
US News and World Report. Schools reopen, with hand-washing replacing widespread closures to fight swine flu. Available from: http://health.usnews.com/blogs/on-parenting/2009/05/06/schools-reopen-with-hand–washing-replacing-widespread-closures-to-fight-swine-flu.html. Accessed August 22, 2009.
- Can a handwashing intervention make a difference? Results from a randomized controlled trial in Jerusalem preschools.Prev Med. 2006; 42: 27-32
- Design of the Jerusalem Handwashing Study: meeting the challenges of a preschool-based public health intervention trial.Clin Trials. 2006; 3: 376-384
- The Status of entertainment-education worldwide.in: Singhal A. Cody M.J. Rogers E.M. Sabido M. Entertainment-education and social change. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Mahwah, NJ2004: 3-18
- A 10-year retrospective of research in health mass media campaigns: where do we go from here?.J Health Commun. 2006; 11: 21-42
- A meta-analysis of US health campaign effects on behavior: emphasize enforcement, exposure, and new information, and beware the seculartrend.in: Hornik R.C. Public health communication: Evidence for behaviorchange. Lawrence Erlbaum, Mahwah, NJ2002: 357-384
Supported by grants from The Chief Scientist's Office of the Ministry of Health (evaluation); Associate Director General's Unit for Health Promotion of the Ministry of Health (intervention); and the National Institute for Health Services Research (evaluation).
The field work for this study was conducted while L.R. was at the School of Public Health, Hebrew University, Tel Aviv, Israel.
Conflicts of interest: None to report.