Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Overview of nosocomial infections caused by gram-negative bacilli.Clin Infect Dis. 2005; 41: 848-854
- Clinical and economic impact of multidrug resistance in nosocomial Acinetobacter baumannii bacteremia.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2007; 28: 713-719
- Contamination, disinfection, and cross-colonization: are hospital surfaces reservoirs for nosocomial infection?.Clin Infect Dis. 2004; 39: 1182-1189
- Acinetobacter outbreaks, 1977-2000.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2003; 24: 284-295
- The role of environmental cleaning in the control of hospital-acquired infection.J Hosp Infect. 2009; 73: 378-385
- Guidelines for environmental infection control in health-care facilities: recommendations of CDC and the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee (HICPAC).MMWR Recomm Rep. 2003; 52: 1-42
- Performance standards for antimicrobial susceptibility testing, 16th informational supplement (M100-S16).Clinical Laboratory Standards Institute, Wayne, PA2006
- Molecular epidemiology of Klebsiella pneumoniae strains that produce SHV-4 β-lactamase and which were isolated in 14 French hospitals.J Clin Microbiol. 1994; 32: 2553-2558
- Interpreting chromosomal DNA restriction patterns produced by pulsed-field gel electrophoresis: criteria for bacterial strain typing.J Clin Microbiol. 1995; 33: 2233-2239
- Survival of Acinetobacter baumannii on bed rails during an outbreak and during sporadic cases.J Hosp Infect. 1999; 42: 27-35
- Survival of Acinetobacter on three clinically related inanimate surfaces.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2000; 21: 246
- Survival of Acinetobacter baumannii on dry surfaces: comparison of outbreak and sporadic isolates.J Clin Microbiol. 1998; 36: 1938-1941
- Environmental contamination by multidrug-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii in an intensive care unit.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2001; 22: 717-720
- Distribution of multi-resistant gram-negative versus gram-positive bacteria in the hospital inanimate environment.J Hosp Infect. 2004; 56: 191-197
- Impact of an environmental cleaning intervention on the presence of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and vancomycin-resistant enterococci on surfaces in intensive care unit rooms.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2008; 29: 593-599
- Importance of the environment in meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus acquisition: the case for hospital cleaning.Lancet Infect Dis. 2008; 8: 101-113
- Reduction of Clostridium difficile and vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus contamination of environmental surfaces after an intervention to improve cleaning methods.BMC Infect Dis. 2007; 7: 61
- Surveillance cultures and duration of carriage of multidrug-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii.J Clin Microbiol. 2007; 45: 1551-1555
- MRSA acquisition in an intensive care unit.Am J Infect Control. 2006; 34: 10-17
- Epidemiology of colonisation of patients and environment with vancomycin-resistant enterococci.Lancet. 1996; 348: 1615-1619
Supported by the National Institutes of Health ( R01 AI60859-01A1 and 2R01A1060859 ; to A.D.H.), and by National Institutes of Health grants 1K12RR023250-04 (to J.K.J.) and 1K23AI082450-01A1 (to K.A.T.).
Conflicts of interest: None to report.