Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- SDEA/APIC Guideline: infection prevention and control in the long-term care facility.Am J Infect Control. 2008; 36: 509-535
- Special communication. Infection prevention and control in the long-term care facility.Am J Infect Control. 1997; 25: 488-512
- Prevention and control of infection in non-acute healthcare settings.Nursing Stand. 2006; 20: 56-66
- Infection control in long-term care facilities.Clin Infect Dis. 2000; 31: 752-756
Schall V. Infection prevention and control effectiveness and safety: validation of a survey for long-term care facilities. Library Archives Canada: Theses, Canada. UBC 2008. Available from: http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/obj/s4/f2/dsk3/BVAU/TC-BVAU-944.pdf. Accessed September 29, 2010.
Gamage B, Pugh S, Litt M, Bryce E. A survey of infection prevention and control resources in acute care facilities across British Columbia. Can J Infect Control 24:213-8.
- Performance improvement in the long-term-care setting: building on the foundation of infection control.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2004; 25: 72
- Patient safety culture assessment in the nursing home.Qual Saf Health Care. 2006; 15: 400-404
- Infections in residents of long-term care facilities: an agenda for research. Report of an expert panel.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2002; 50: 570-576
- Development of a resource model for infection prevention and control programs in acute, long-term, and home care settings: conference proceedings of the Infection Prevention And Control Alliance.Am J Infect Control. 2004; 32: 2-6
- The nature of adverse events in hospitalized patients: results of the Harvard medical practice study II.N Engl J Med. 1991; 324: 377-384
- AHRQ Quality Indicators-Guide to patient safety indicators.Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville [MD]2003
Members of the PICNet Long-term Care Needs Assessment Working Group are listed in the Appendix.
Conflicts of interest: None to report.