Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- WHO Guidelines on Hand Hygiene in Health Care.World Health Organization Press, Geneva2009
- Hand washing and hand disinfection.in: Mayhall G. Hospital epidemiology and infection control. 3rd ed. Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore2004: 1727-1746
- Alcohol for surgical scrubbing?.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 1990; 11: 139-143
- How irritant is alcohol?.Br J Dermatol. 2007; 157: 74-81
- Chemical disinfectants and antiseptics: hygienic hand disinfection—test method and requirement (phase 2/ step 2).Comité Européen de Normalisation, Brussels1997
- Testing of the World Health Organization recommended formulations for surgical hand preparation and proposals for increased efficacy.J Hosp Infect. 2011; 79: 115-118
- World Health Organization-recommended hand-rub formulations do not meet European efficacy requirements for surgical hand disinfection in five minutes.J Hosp Infect. 2011; 78: 123-127
- Nonparametrics: statistical methods based on ranks.Holden-Day, San Francisco1975
- Shortening of duration of application and of the standardized rubbing sequence as well as reduction of the volume of disinfectant used for the hygienic hand rub with 2-propanol 60% (vol/vol)?.Hyg Med. 2009; 34: 19-23
Conflicts of interest: None to report.