Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Educating nurses: a call for radical transformation.Jossey-Bass, San Francisco [CA]2010
- From novice to expert: excellence and power in clinical nursing practice.Prentice-Hall Health, Upper Saddle River [NJ]2001
- Occupational blood and body fluids exposure in health care workers: four-year surveillance from the northern France network.Am J Infect Control. 2003; 31: 357-363
- Needle stick injuries among health care workers in a tertiary care hospital in India.Indian J Med Res. 2010; 131: 405-410
- Analysis of sharps injury occurrences at a hospital in Singapore.Int J Nurs Pract. 2002; 8: 274-281
- Needlestick and sharps injuries among nursing students: an emerging occupational risk.G Ital Med Lav Ergon. 2007; 29 (in Italian): 631-632
- Percutaneous and mucocutaneous exposures in nursing students: an Italian observational study.J Nurs Scholarsh. 2009; 41: 337-343
- Student nurses in Taiwan at high risk for needlestick injuries.Ann Epidemiol. 2002; 12: 197-201
- Epidemiology of needlestick and sharps injuries among professional Korean nurses.J Prof Nurs. 2006; 22: 359-366
- Occupational exposure to blood and body fluids among Turkish nursing students during clinical practice training: frequency of needlestick/sharp injuries and hepatitis B immunization.J Clin Nurs. 2009; 18: 1394-1403
- Needlestick/sharps injuries among vocational school nursing students in southern Taiwan.J Infect Control. 2004; 32: 431-435
- Needlestick injuries among nursing students in China.Nurse Educ Today. 2010; 30: 435-437
- Needlestick injuries among nurses of Fars Province, Iran.Ann Epidemiol. 2007; 17: 988-992
- A long-term study of sharps injuries among health care workers in Japan.Am J Infect Control. 2007; 35: 407-411
- Risk of medical sharps injuries among Chinese nurses.Am J Infect Control. 2002; 30: 277-282
- Epidemiology of needlestick and sharps injuries among nurses in a Japanese teaching hospital.J Hosp Infect. 2006; 64: 44-49
Hong Kong Yearbook, 2009. Available from: http://www.yearbook.gov.hk/2009/en/index.html. Accessed July 30, 2011.
- Analysis of needlestick injures among nursing students in Hong Kong.Accid Anal Prev. 2010; 42: 1744-1750
- Needlestick and sharps injuries among nursing students.J Adv Nurs. 2005; 51: 449-455
- Hospital work environments, nurse characteristics, and sharps injuries.Am J Infect Control. 2007; 35: 302-309
Nursing Council of Hong Kong. A reference guide to the syllabus of subjects and requirements for the preparation of registered nurse (general) in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. Available from: http://www.nchk.org.hk/filemanager/en/pdf/sf04.pdf. Accessed August 13, 2011.
- Reducing occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens: were do we stand a decade latter?.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 1996; 17: 573-575
Funding for this study was provided by The Hong Kong Polytechnic University .
Conflict of interest: None to report.