Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
Siegel JD, Rhinehart E, Jackson M, Chiarello L; the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee. 2007 guideline for isolation precautions: preventing transmission of infectious agents in healthcare settings. http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dhqp/pdf/isolation2007.pdf. Accessed April 18, 2011.
- Look before you leap: active surveillance for multidrug-resistant organisms.Clin Infect Dis. 2007; 44: 1101-1107
- Adverse outcomes associated with contact precautions: a review of the literature.Am J Infect Control. 2009; 37: 85-93
- Controlled trial measuring the effect of a feedback intervention on hand hygiene compliance in a step-down unit.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2008; 29: 730-735
- Performance standards for antimicrobial susceptibility testing: 19th informational supplement. Document M100–S19.Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute, Wayne [PA]2009
- Reemergence of gram-negative health care-associated bloodstream infections.Arch Intern Med. 2006; 166: 1289-1294
- Overview of nosocomial infections caused by gram-negative bacilli.Clin Infect Dis. 2005; 41: 848-854
- Successful prevention of ventilator-associated pneumonia in an intensive care setting.Am J Infect Control. 2009; 37: 619-625
- Impact of a program to prevent central line–associated bloodstream infection in the zero tolerance era.Am J Infect Control. 2010; 38: 434-439
- Multidrug-resistant bacteria isolated from patients hospitalised in intensive care units.Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2006; 27: 285-289
- Positive deviance: a new strategy for improving hand hygiene compliance.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010; 31: 12-20
- Contact precautions for multidrug-resistant organisms: current recommendations and actual practice.Am J Infect Control. 2010; 38: 105-111
Conflict of interest: None to report.