Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Influenza vaccination coverage among health-care personnel—United States, 2010-2011 influenza season.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011; 60: 1073-1077
- Randomized trial of a program to increase staff influenza vaccination in primary care.Ann Fam Med. 2010; 8: 293-298
- Mandatory influenza vaccination of healthcare workers: a 5-year study.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010; 31: 881-888
- Mandatory influenza vaccination of health care workers: translating policy to practice.Clin Infect Dis. 2010; 50: 459-464
Greene LR, Cain TA, Dolan SA, Oriola S, Grant P, Cox T, et al. APIC position paper: influenza immunization of healthcare personnel. Published November 7, 2008. Available from: http://www.apic.org/Resource_/TinyMceFileManager/Advocacy-PDFs/APIC_Influenza_Immunization_of_HCP_12711.pdf. Accessed March 13, 2012.
Swift MD, Buchta WG, Russi M, Budnick LD, Spillman SJ, Hodgson MJ, et al. American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine guidance statement: seasonal influenza prevention in health care workers. Published November 17, 2008. Available from: http://www.acoem.org/SeasonalInfluenzaPrevention_HealthCareWorkers.aspx. Accessed April 27, 2012.
Borwegan W. Information about mandatory flu vaccine programs. Published September 25, 2009. Updated October 29, 2010. Available from: http://www.seiu.org/images/pdfs/Info_MandatoryFluVaccinePrograms_Nov2010.pdf. Accessed April 27, 2012.
- Receptivity to mandatory influenza vaccination policies for healthcare workers among registered nurses working on inpatient units.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2008; 29: 170-173
- Health care worker knowledge, attitudes and beliefs regarding mandatory influenza vaccination.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2010; 64: 33-37
- Social learning theory and the Health Belief Model.Health Educ Q. 1988; 15: 175-183
Study was funded through CDC/NIOSH Pilot Project Award No. T42OH008422 through the (NY/NJ) Universities Education and Research Center.
The data in the manuscript were presented, in part, as an Abstract at the Society of Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA) 2011 Annual Scientific Meeting, March 2011, Dallas, TX.
Conflicts of interest: None to report.