Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Acquisition of Clostridium difficile by hospitalized patients: evidence for colonized new admissions as a source of infection.J Infect Dis. 1992; 166: 561-567
- Nosocomial Clostridium difficile colonisation and disease.Lancet. 1990; 336: 97-100
- Clostridium difficile colonization and diarrhea at a tertiary care hospital.Clin Infect Dis. 1994; 18: 181-187
- Clinical practice guidelines for Clostridium difficile infection in adults: 2010 update by the society for healthcare epidemiology of America (SHEA) and the infectious diseases society of America (IDSA).Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010; 31: 431-455
- Clostridium: transmission difficile?.PLoS Med. 2012; 9: e1001171
- An epidemic, toxin gene-variant strain of Clostridium difficile.N Engl J Med. 2005; 353: 2433-2441
- Comparison of the burdens of hospital-onset, healthcare facility-associated Clostridium difficile Infection and of healthcare-associated infection due to methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in community hospitals.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2011; 32: 387-390
- Comparison of real-time PCR for detection of the tcdC gene with four toxin immunoassays and culture in diagnosis of Clostridium difficile infection.J Clin Microbiol. 2008; 46: 1996-2001
- Primary symptomless colonisation by Clostridium difficile and decreased risk of subsequent diarrhoea.Lancet. 1998; 351: 633-636
Siegel JD, Rhinehart E, Jackson M, Chiarello L, and the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee. Management of multidrug-resistant organisms in healthcare settings, 2006. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/hicpac/pdf/guidelines/MDROGuideline2006.pdf. Accessed January 12, 2012.
- Isolation of Clostridium difficile from the environment and contacts of patients with antibiotic-associated colitis.J Infect Dis. 1981; 143: 42-50
- Nosocomial acquisition of Clostridium difficile infection.N Engl J Med. 1989; 320: 204-210
- Characterisation of Clostridium difficile hospital ward-based transmission using extensive epidemiological data and molecular typing.PLoS Med. 2012; 9: e1001172
- Perirectal swab surveillance for Clostridium difficile by use of selective broth preamplification and real-time PCR detection of tcdB.J Clin Microbiol. 2011; 49: 3788-3793
- Host and pathogen factors for Clostridium difficile infection and colonization.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 1693-1703
- Editorial: not so nosocomial anymore: the growing threat of community-acquired Clostridium difficile.Am J Gastroenterol. 2012; 107: 96-98
- Chronic kidney disease as a risk factor for Clostridium difficile infection.Nephrology (Carlton). 2010; 15: 471-475
- Clostridium difficile infection: an update on epidemiology, risk factors, and therapeutic options.Curr Opin Gastroenterol. 2012; 28: 1-9
- Identifying groups at high risk for carriage of antibiotic-resistant bacteria.Arch Intern Med. 2006; 166: 580-585
- Development of a prediction rule for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus carriage in a Veterans Affairs Medical Center population.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2008; 29: 969-971
Conflicts of interest: None to report.