Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Estimating health care-associated infections and deaths in US hospitals, 2002.Public Health Rep. 2007; 122: 160-166
- Risk of acquiring antibiotic-resistant bacteria from prior room occupants.Arch Intern Med. 2006; 166: 1945-1951
- Prior environmental contamination increases the risk of acquisition of vancomycin-resistant enterococci.Clin Infect Dis. 2008; 46: 678-685
- Dissemination of antibiotic-resistant enterococci within the ward environment: the role of airborne bacteria and the risk posed by unrecognized carriers.Am J Infect Control. 2012; 41: 57-60
- How long do nosocomial pathogens persist on inanimate surfaces? A systematic review.BMC Infect Dis. 2006; 6: 130
- Bacterial contamination on surfaces of public areas in hospitals.J Hosp Infect. 2009; 74: 195-196
- Patient environment microbial burden reduction: a pilot study comparison of 2 terminal cleaning methods.Am J Infect Control. 2012; 40: 559-561
- A study of the relationship between environmental contamination with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and patients' acquisition of MRSA.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2006; 27: 127-132
- Acquisition of nosocomial pathogens on hands after contact with environmental surfaces near hospitalized patients.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2004; 25: 164-167
- Role of hospital surfaces in the transmission of emerging health-care associated pathogens: norovirus, Clostridium difficile, and Acinetobacter species.Am J Infect Control. 2010; 38: S25-S33
- Microbiologic evaluation of microfiber mops for surface disinfection.Am J Infect Control. 2007; 35: 569-573
Rutala WA, Weber DJ. Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee. Guideline for disinfection and sterilization in healthcare facilities, 2008. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/hicpac/pdf/guidelines/Disinfection_Nov_2008.pdf. Accessed September 15, 2012.
- Optimizing disinfectant application in healthcare facilities.Infect Control Today. 2006;June; : 62-67
Conflict of interest: K.E., D.A., I.W., and D.K. are employed by Kimberly-Clark Corporation. L.S. and C.G. received funding from Kimberly-Clark Corporation for this work.