Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Effect of antibiotic prescribing in primary care on antimicrobial resistance in individual patients: systematic review and meta-analysis.BMJ. 2010; 340: c2096
European Surveillance of Antimicrobial Consumption. What is the burden of antibiotic use in Europe? Available from: http://app.esac.ua.ac.be/public/index.php/en_gb/antibiotic/antibiotic-consumption. Accessed November 23, 2012.
Hellenic Center for Diseases Control and Prevention. Guidelines for the diagnosis and empiric treatment of infections, Athens, 2007 (in Greek). Available from: http://www.keelpno.gr/el-gr/διαθέσιμουλικό/έντυπουλικό.aspx. Accessed November 23, 2012.
- Antibiotic prescribing in primary care, adherence to guidelines and unnecessary prescribing: an Irish perspective.BMC Fam Pract. 2012; 13: 43
- Predictors of inappropriate antibiotic prescribing among primary care physicians.CMAJ. 2007; 177: 877-883
- Do resident physicians use antibiotics appropriately in treating upper respiratory infections? A survey of 11 programs.Clin Infect Dis. 2003; 37: 853-856
- Antibiotic prescribing for acute respiratory tract infections in primary care: a systematic review and meta-ethnography.J Antimicrob Chemother. 2011; 66: 2215-2223
- Effectiveness of multifaceted educational programme to reduce antibiotic dispensing in primary care: practice based randomised controlled trial.BMJ. 2012; 344: d8173
- Evaluation of empirical antibiotherapy for acute community-acquired pneumonia prescribed in emergency departments.Med Mal Infect. 2012; 42: 5-9
- Attitudes of primary care physicians to the prescribing of antibiotics and antimicrobial resistance: a qualitative study from Spain.Fam Pract. 2012; 29: 352-360
- Do drug costs affect physicians’ prescription decisions?.J Intern Med. 1997; 241: 415-420
Conflicts of interest: None to report.