Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
Apple iPads dominate almost 70% of the tablet market. Available from: http://www.wall-street.com/2012/07/apple-ipads-dominate-almost-70-of-tablet-market. Accessed September 18, 2012.
- How might the iPad change healthcare?.J R Soc Med. 2012; 105: 233-241
- Increasing clinical presence of mobile communication technology.Telemedicine e-Health. 2011; 17: 656-661
- Scalpel, stethoscope, iPad: the future is now in the intensive care unit.Am J Crit Care. 2011; 20: 275-277
- The iPad: gadget or medical godsend?.Ann Emerg Med. 2010; 56: A21-A22
- iPhones, iPads, and medical applications for antimicrobial stewardship.Pharmacotherapy. 2012; 32: 657-661
- Keeping the patient focus: using tablet technology to enhance education and practice.J Contin Educ Nurs. 2012; 43: 249-250
- Mobile technology takes the Ottawa Hospital further in its journey towards excellence.Advocate. 2011; 18: 5-6
Husain I. Why the iPad Mini is the perfect prescription for doctors. Available from: http://www.medpagetoday.com/IltifatHusain/36102. Accessed December 5, 2012.
- Estimating health care associated infections and deaths in US hospitals, 2002.Public Health Rep. 2007; 122: 160-166
- What’s growing on your stethoscope? (And what can you do about it).J Fam Pract. 2009; 58: 404-409
- Bacterial contamination of hospital pagers.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2002; 23: 276
- Bacterial contamination of health care workers’ pagers and the efficacy of various disinfecting agents.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2006; 25: 1074-1075
- Bacterial colonization on writing pens touched by healthcare professionals and hospitalized patients with and without cleaning the pen with alcohol-based hand sanitizing agent.Clin Microbiol Infect. 2011; 17: 868-869
- NHS connecting for health: healthcare professionals, mobile technology, and infection control.Telemedicine e-Health. 2012; 18: 289-290
- When did the doctors become fomites?.Clin Microbiol Infect. 2011; 17: 794-796
- Review of mobile communication devices as potential reservoirs of nosocomial pathogens.J Hosp Infect. 2009; 71: 295-300
- Cell phones and Acinetobacter transmission.Emerg Infect Dis. 2005; 11: 1160-1162
- Are we aware how contaminated our mobile phones with nosocomial pathogens?.Ann Clin Microbiol Antimicrob. 2009; 8: 7
- Use of cellular telephones and transmission of pathogens by medical staff in New York and Israel.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2007; 28: 500-503
- Is your phone bugged? The incidence of bacteria known to cause nosocomial infection on healthcare workers’ mobile phones.J Hosp Infect. 2006; 62: 123-125
- Mobile phone technology and hospitalized patients: a cross-sectional surveillance study of bacterial colonization, and patient opinions and behaviours.Clin Microbiol Infect. 2011; 17: 830-835
- Keypad mobile phones are associated with a significant increased risk of microbial contamination compared to touch screen phones.J Hosp Infect. 2013; 14: 65-68
Davidson SJ, Malkary G. Dangerous devices. HHN most wired. Available from: http://www.hhnmag.com/hhnmag/jsp/articledisplay.jsp?dcrpath=HHNMOSTWIRED/Article/data/Fall2007/080109MW_Online_Davidson&domain=HHNMOSTWIRED. Accessed October 4, 2012.
- Colonization of personal digital assistants used in a health care setting.Am J Infect Control. 2005; 33: 230-232
How to clean Apple products: Available from: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3226?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US#ipads. Accessed October 4, 2012.
- Guideline for disinfection and sterilization in healthcare facilities, 2008.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta [GA]2008
- Guideline for hand hygiene in health care settings: recommendations of the Healthcare Infection Practices Advisory Committee and the HICPAC/SHEA/APIC/IDSA Hand Hygiene Task Force.MMWR. 2002; 51: 1-45
Conflicts of interest: None to report.