Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Clinical practice guideline for the use of antimicrobial agents in neutropenic patients with cancer: 2010 update by the infectious diseases society of america.Clin Infect Dis. 2011; 52: e56-e93
- Recent changes in bacterial epidemiology and the emergence of fluoroquinolone-resistant Escherichia coli among patients with haematological malignancies: results of a prospective study on 823 patients at a single institution.J Antimicrob Chemother. 2008; 61: 721-728
- Acinetobacter: an old friend, but a new enemy.J Hosp Infect. 2009; 73: 355-363
- Clinical and economic impact of multidrug resistance in nosocomial Acinetobacter baumannii bacteremia.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2007; 28: 713-719
- Risk factors and outcome of Acinetobacter baumanii infection in severe trauma patients.Intensive Care Med. 2009; 35: 1964-1969
- Risk factors for nosocomial imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii infections.Int J Infect Dis. 2008; 12: 16-21
- Risk factors and clinical outcomes of patients with carbapenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii bacteremia.J Microbiol Immunol Infect. 2012; 45: 356-362
- Performance Standards for Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing Twenty-First Informational Supplement.Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute, Wayne [PA]2011
- Genotypic and phenotypic characterization of the Acinetobacter calcoaceticus-Acinetobacter baumannii complex with the proposal of Acinetobacter pittii sp. nov. (formerly Acinetobacter genomic species 3) and Acinetobacter nosocomialis sp. nov. (formerly Acinetobacter genomic species 13TU).Res Microbiol. 2011; 162: 393-404
- Multidrug-resistant, extensively drug-resistant and pandrug-resistant bacteria: an international expert proposal for interim standard definitions for acquired resistance.Clin Microbiol Infect. 2012; 18: 268-281
- [Nosocomial pneumonias in haematological malignancies in the medical intensive care unit].Pneumologie. 2003; 57: 73-77
- Epidemiology of bloodstream infections in patients with haematological malignancies with and without neutropenia.Epidemiol Infect. 2010; 138: 1044-1051
- Factors associated with bacteremia due to multidrug-resistant Gram-negative bacilli in hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients.Braz J Med Biol Res. 2009; 42: 289-293
- Perils of quinolone exposure in cancer patients: breakthrough bacteremia with multidrug-resistant organisms.Cancer. 2010; 116: 967-973
- Epidemiology of bacteremia and factors associated with multi-drug-resistant gram-negative bacteremia in hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients.Bone Marrow Transplant. 2007; 39: 775-781
- Comparative study of clinical characteristics of neutropenic and non-neutropenic adult cancer patients with bloodstream infections.Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2006; 25: 1-7
- Relationship between immunosuppression and intensive care unit-acquired multidrug-resistant bacteria: a case-control study.Crit Care Med. 2007; 35: 1318-1323
- Acinetobacter baumannii infection in patients with hematologic malignancies in intensive care unit: risk factors and impact on mortality.J Crit Care. 2011; 26: 460-467
- Long-term control of hospital-wide, endemic multidrug-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii through a comprehensive "bundle" approach.Am J Infect Control. 2009; 37: 715-722
- Natural history of multidrug-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii carriage in intensive care units.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2012; 33: 642-643
- Low prevalence of Acinetobacter baumannii colonization on hospital admission.Am J Infect Control. 2010; 38: 329-331
Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology. Guide to the elimination of infections in hemodialysis. Available from: http://www.apic.org/Resource_/EliminationGuideForm/7966d850-0c5a-48ae-9090-a1da00bcf988/File/APIC-Hemodialysis.pdf. Accessed May 21, 2013.
- Multidrug resistance among Acinetobacter spp. in the USA and activity profile of key agents: results from CAPITAL Surveillance 2010.Diagnos Microbiol Infect Dis. 2012; 73: 267-270
- Molecular epidemiology of carbapenem-nonsusceptible Acinetobacter baumannii in the United States.J Clin Microbiol. 2011; 49: 3849-3854
- Colistin resistance of Acinetobacter baumannii: clinical reports, mechanisms and antimicrobial strategies.J Antimicrob Chemother. 2012; 67: 1607-1615
- Therapeutic options for Acinetobacter baumannii infections: an update.Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2012; 13: 2319-2336
- In vivo efficacy of glycopeptide-colistin combination therapies in a Galleria mellonella model of Acinetobacter baumannii infection.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2011; 55: 3534-3537
- The case-case-control study design: addressing the limitations of risk factor studies for antimicrobial resistance.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2005; 26: 346-351
This study was supported by the Thomas H. Nimick Jr. Competitive Research Fund. Y.D. was supported in part by the National Institutes of Health (grant No. K22AI80584) and the Pennsylvania Department of Health (grant No. 4100047864).
Conflicts of interest: Y.D. has received research grants from Merck and has served on an advisory board for Pfizer.