Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Disinfectant-resistant bacteria in Buenos Aires City Hospital wastewater.Braz J Microbiol. 2007; 38: 644-648
- Use of nanoparticles as an alternative to chlorhexidine dressing (master's dissertation).Franciscan University Center of Santa Maria, Santa Maria, Brazil2012 (Available from: http://sites.unifra.br/Portals/11/Disserta%C3%A7%C3%B5es/2012-2/GRACIELA%20SCHNEIDER%20VITALIS_UNIFRA.pdf. Accessed October 2012.)
- Epidemic of postsurgical infections caused by Mycobacterium massiliense.J Clin Microbiol. 2009; 47: 2149-2155
- Biofilm formation: a clinically relevant microbiological process.Healthc Epidemiol. 2001; 33: 1387-1392
- Bacterial biofilms: a common cause of persistent infections.Science. 1999; 284: 1318-1322
- The impact of bacterial biofilms.Int J Oral Sci. 2011; 3: 55-65
- The involvement of cell-to-cell signals in the development of a bacterial biofilm.Science. 1998; 280: 295-298
Silva RNP. The importance of Acinetobacter baumannii infection in acquired health care. Dissertation (Integrated Master Course in Medicine). University of Porto, 2009. Available from: http://repositorio-aberto.up.pt/bitstream/10216/21147/2/A%20Importncia%20do%20Acinetobacter%20baumannii%20na%20IACS%20cor.pdf. Accessed November 2012.
- Parenteral lipid emulsion induces germination of Candida albicans and increases biofilm formation on medical catheter surfaces.J Infect Dis. 2009; 200: 473-480
- Biofilm formation by asymptomatic and virulent urinary tract infectious Escherichia coli strains.FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2007; 267: 30-37
- Flagellar and twitching motility are necessary for Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilm development.Mol Microbiol. 1998; 30: 295-304
- Methods for dilution antimicrobial susceptibility tests for bacteria that grow aerobically: approved standard. 7th ed. CLSI document M7-A7.Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute, Wayne [PA]2006
- Reference method for broth dilution antifungal susceptibility testing of yeasts: approved standard. 3rd ed. CLSI document M27-MA2.Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute, Wayne [PA]2008
- Growing and analyzing static biofilms.Curr Protoc Microbiol. 2005; Chapter 1 (Unit 1B.1)
- Mechanisms of biofilm resistance to antimicrobial agents.Trends Microbiol. 2001; 9: 34-39
- Antimicrobial efficacy of chlorhexidine against bacteria in biofilms at different stages of development.J Endodont. 2011; 37: 657-661
- Inhibitory effect of biocides on the viable masses and matrices of Staphylococcus aureus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilms.Appl Environ Microbiol. 2010; 76: 3135-3142
- The efficacy of antibiotics enhanced by electrical currents against Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilms.J Antimicrob Chemother. 1996; 38: 987-1000
- Biofilm production by clinical strains of Acinetobacter baumannii isolated from hospitalized patients in two tertiary care hospitals.FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2008; 53: 140-144
- Susceptibility of Candida albicans biofilms grown in the constant depth film fermentor to chlorhexidine, miconazole and fluconazole: a longitudinal study.J Antimicrob Chemother. 2004; 53: 383-385
- Chlorhexidine's action mechanisms and recent evidence of its efficacy over supragingival biofilm context.Sci-A. 2007; 1 (Available from: http://www.angelofreireendodontia.com.br/cms_wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/CHLORHEXIDINE-ACTION%E2%80%99S-MECHANISMS-AND-RECENT1.pdf. Accessed December 2012.): 35-43
- Biocide rotation in the healthcare setting: is there a case for policy implementation?.J Hosp Infect. 2001; 8: 1-6
Conflict of interest: None to report.