Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- The risk of bloodstream infection in adults with different intravascular devices: a systematic review of 200 published prospective studies.Mayo Clin Proc. 2006; 81: 1159-1171
- Reduction in central line-associated bloodstream infections among intensive care units-Pennsylvania, April 2001-March 2005.MMWR Wkly. 2005; 54: 1013-1016
- An intervention to decrease catheter-related bloodstream infections in the ICU.N Engl J Med. 2006; 355: 2725-2732
- Statewide NICU central-line-associated bloodstream infection rates decline after bundles and checklists.Pediatrics. 2011; 127: 436-444
Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America. Patient guides on healthcare associated infections. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/hai/pdfs/bsi/BSI_tagged.pdf. Accessed September 9, 2013.
- Engaging patients in the prevention of health care-associated infections: a survey of patients' awareness, knowledge, and perceptions regarding the risks and consequences of infection with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and Clostridium difficile.Am J Infect Control. 2013; 41: 322-326
Anderson M, Ottum A, Zerbel S, Sethi A, Gaines ME, Safdar N. A survey to examine patient awareness, knowledge and perceptions regarding the risks and consequences of surgical site infections. Am J Infect Control. 2013 May 13 [Epub ahead of print].
- Patient awareness of the risks of central venous catheters in the outpatient setting.Am J Infect Control. 2012; 40: 87-88
- Role of patient awareness in prevention of peripheral vascular catheter-related bloodstream infection.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2011; 32: 95-96
The contents do not represent views of the Department of Veterans Affairs or the United States Government.
Conflicts of interest: None to report.