Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) manual: patient safety component protocol, 2007-2010. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/psc.html. Accessed April 25, 2013.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National and state healthcare-associated infections standardized infection ratio report, January-December 2010. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/hai/national-sir-jan-dec-2010/. Accessed April 25, 2013.
Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Acute Inpatient PPS. Available from: http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Medicare-Fee-for-Service-Payment/AcuteInpatientPPS/index.html. Accessed April 25, 2013.
- Accuracy of reporting nosocomial infections in intensive care unit patients to the National Nosocomial Infections Surveillance System: a pilot study.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 1998; 19: 308-316
- Validation of statewide surveillance system data on central line–associated bloodstream infection in intensive care units in Australia. November, 2009.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2009; 30: 1045-1049
- Validation of the surveillance and reporting of central line–associated bloodstream infection data to a state health department.Am J Infect Control. 2010; 38: 832-838
- Statewide validation of hospital-reported central line–associated bloodstream infections: Oregon, 2009.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2012; 33: 439-445
New York State Department of Health. Hospital-acquired infection report, 2010. Available from: http://www.health.ny.gov/statistics/facilities/hospital/hospital_acquired_infections/. Accessed April 25, 2013.
- 2008 National Association of Children’s Hospitals and Related Institutions Pediatric Intensive Care Unit Patient Care FOCUS Group. The harder you look, the more you find: catheter-associated bloodstream infection surveillance variability.Am J Infect Control. 2010; 38: 585-595
- Quality of traditional surveillance for public reporting of nosocomial bloodstream infection rates.JAMA. 2010; 304: 2035-2041
- Commentary: building data quality and confidence in data reported to the National Healthcare Safety Network.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2012; 33: 446-448
- Pitfalls of public reporting.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010; 31: 985-986
Conflict of interest: None to report.