Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Influenza vaccination health impact and cost-effectiveness among adults aged 50 to 64 and 65 and older.Am J Prev Med. 2006; 31: 72-79
- Priorities among effective clinical preventive services: results of a systematic review and analysis.Am J Prev Med. 2006; 31: 52-61
National Commission on Prevention Priorities. Preventive care: a national profile on use, disparities, and health benefits. Available from: http://www.prevent.org/Reports-and-Articles/Preventive-Care.aspx; 2012. Accessed October 2, 2012.
US Department of Health and Human Services. Healthy People 2020. Available from: http://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topicsobjectives2020/pdfs/Immunization.pdf. Accessed November 20, 2013.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Flu vaccination coverage, United States, 2012-13 influenza season. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/flu/fluvaxview/coverage-1213estimates.htm. Accessed November 20, 2013.
- County characteristics and racial and ethnic disparities in the use of preventive services.Prev Med. 2004; 39: 704-712
- Understanding adult vaccination in urban, lower-socioeconomic settings: influence of physician and prevention systems.Ann Fam Med. 2009; 7: 534-541
- Neighborhood determinants of 2009 pandemic A/H1N1 influenza vaccination in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.Am J Epidemiol. 2012; 176: 897-908
- Neighborhood effects on primary care access in Los Angeles.Soc Sci Med. 2006; 62: 1291-1303
- Threat of an influenza pandemic: family physicians in the front line.BMC Fam Pract. 2009; 10: 11
- Who has a clue to preventing the flu? Unravelling supply and demand effects on the take-up of influenza vaccinations.J Health Econ. 2009; 28: 704-717
- The effect of local primary care physician supply on the utilization of preventive health services in the United States.Health Place. 2010; 16: 942-951
- Primary care physicians and avoidable hospitalizations.J Fam Pract. 1994; 39: 123
- Quantifying the health benefits of primary care physician supply in the United States.Int J Health Serv. 2007; 37: 111-126
- Immunization disparities in older Americans: determinants and future research needs.Am J Prev Med. 2006; 31: 150-158
- Targeting the underserved for breast and cervical cancer screening: the utility of ecological analysis using the National Health Interview Survey.Am J Public Health. 1998; 88: 1484-1489
- Revisiting the behavioral model and access to medical care: does it matter?.J Health Soc Behav. 1995; 36: 1-10
- Societal and individual determinants of medical care utilization in the United States.Milbank Q. 2005; 83: 1-28
- Social ecological approaches to individuals and their contexts: twenty years of health education and behavior health promotion interventions.Health Educ Behav. 2012; 39: 364-372
- Neighborhoods and health.Ann NY Acad Sci. 2010; 1186: 125-145
- Neighborhoods and health: where are we and were do we go from here?.Rev Épidémiol Santé Publique. 2007; 55: 13-21
- Is neighborhood access to health care provision associated with individual-level utilization and satisfaction?.Health Serv Res. 2008; 43: 2183-2200
- Die rolle des hausarztes bei der influenza-impfung.Robert Koch- Institut, Berlin2005
- The domain of family practice: scope, role, and function.Fam Med. 2001; 33: 273-277
- Measuring family physician identity.Fam Med. 2013; 45: 708-718
- Barriers to influenza immunization in a low-income urban population.Am J Prev Med. 2001; 20: 21-25
- Accuracy of self-reported cancer-screening histories: a meta-analysis.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2008; 17: 748-757
- Self-report versus medical records for assessing cancer-preventive services delivery.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2008; 17: 2987-2994
- Accuracy of data on influenza vaccination status at four Vaccine Safety Datalink sites.Am J Prev Med. 2009; 37: 552-555
- Projecting US primary care physician workforce needs: 2010-2025.Ann Fam Med. 2012; 10: 503-509
Financial support for this study was provided by the Babson Faculty Research Fund.
Conflict of interest: None to report.