Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Ventilator-associated pneumonia.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2002; 165: 867-903
- Ventilator associated pneumonia.BMJ. 2012; 344: e3325
- Impact of clinical severity index, infective pathogens, and initial empiric antibiotic use on hospital mortality in patients with ventilator-associated pneumonia.American Journal of Infection Control. 2012; 40: 648-652
- Ventilator-associated pneumonia caused by potentially drug-resistant bacteria.American journal of respiratory and critical care medicine. 1998; 157: 531-539
- Ventilator-associated pneumonia caused by multidrug-resistant organisms or Pseudomonas aeruginosa: prevalence, incidence, risk factors, and outcomes.Journal of critical care. 2008; 23: 18-26
- Antimicrobial-resistant pathogens associated with healthcare-associated infections: summary of data reported to the National Healthcare Safety Network at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2009-2010.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2013; 34: 1-14
- Measuring the impact of multidrug resistance in nosocomial infection.Curr Opin Infect Dis. 2007; 20: 391-396
- Early predictors for infection recurrence and death in patients with ventilator-associated pneumonia.Crit Care Med. 2007; 35: 146-154
- Diagnosis of ventilator-associated pneumonia by bacteriologic analysis of bronchoscopic and nonbronchoscopic “blind” bronchoalveolar lavage fluid.Am Rev Respir Dis. 1991; 143: 1121-1129
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Ventilator-associated pneumonia. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/pdfs/pscmanual/6pscvapcurrent.pdf. 2013. Accessed February 1, 2013.
- Multidrug-resistant, extensively drug-resistant and pandrug-resistant bacteria: an international expert proposal for interim standard definitions for acquired resistance.Clin Microbiol Infect. 2012; 18: 268-281
- Review of studies of the impact on gram-negative bacterial resistance on outcomes in the intensive care unit.Crit Care Med. 2009; 37: 1463-1469
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa ventilator-associated pneumonia: predictive factors of treatment failure.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2013; 188: 69-76
- Overexpression of the multidrug efflux pumps MexCD-OprJ and MexEF-OprN is associated with a reduction of type III secretion in Pseudomonas aeruginosa.J Bacteriol. 2005; 187: 1384-1391
- Impact of ureido/carboxypenicillin resistance on the prognosis of ventilator-associated pneumonia due to Pseudomonas aeruginosa.Crit Care. 2011; 15: R112
- Impact of multidrug resistance on Pseudomonas aeruginosa ventilator-associated pneumonia outcome: predictors of early and crude mortality.Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2013; 32: 413-420
- Prevalence of multidrug-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa and carbapenem-resistant enterobacteriaceae among specimens from hospitalized patients with pneumonia and bloodstream infections in the United States from 2000 to 2009.J Hosp Med. 2013; 8: 559-563
- Carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae: epidemiology and prevention.Clin Infect Dis. 2011; 53: 60-67
- Outcomes of carbapenem-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae infection and the impact of antimicrobial and adjunctive therapies.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2008; 29: 1099-1106
- Carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae: a review of treatment and outcomes.Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2013; 75: 115-120
- Infections caused by carbapenem-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae among patients in intensive care units in Greece: a multi-centre study on clinical outcome and therapeutic options.Clin Microbiol Infect. 2014; 20: O117-O123
- Controversies in ventilator-associated pneumonia.Semin Respir Crit Care Med. 2010; 31: 47-54
Conflicts of interest: D.v.D. has received research funding from STERIS Inc. The remaining authors report no conflicts.