Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Nosocomial transmission of multidrug-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis: a risk to patients and health care workers.Ann Intern Med. 1992; 117: 191-196
- Occupational risk of Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection in hospital workers.Am J Ind Med. 1997; 32: 528-534
- Tuberculosis among health care workers in low- and middle-income countries: a systematic review.PLoS Med. 2006; 3: e494
- Risk of tuberculosis infection and disease associated with work in health care settings.Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2007; 11: 593-605
- ACOEM guidelines for protecting health care workers against tuberculosis.J Occup Environ Med. 1998; 40: 765-767
- Guidelines for preventing the transmission of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in healthcare settings, 2005.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2005; 54: 1-141
Long R, Ellis E. Canadian Tuberculosis Standards. 6th Edition. Public Health Agency of Canada. 2007.
- Tuberculosis among health care workers.Emerg Infect Dis. 2011; 17: 488-494
- Risk factors for a positive tuberculin skin test among employees of an urban, midwestern teaching hospital.Ann Intern Med. 1995; 122: 580-585
- WHO policy on TB infection control in health-care facilities, congregate settings, and households.World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland2009
- Tuberculosis outbreak in a community hospital: District of Columbia, 2002.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2004; 53: 214-216
- Extensive nosocomial transmission of tuberculosis in a low-incidence country.J Hosp Infect. 2013; 83: 321-326
- Delays in the suspicion and treatment of tuberculosis among hospitalized patients.Ann Intern Med. 1999; 130: 404-411
- Tuberculosis among health care workers.N Engl J Med. 1995; 332: 92-98
- Delay in diagnosis leading to nosocomial transmission of tuberculosis at a New York City health care facility.Am J Infect Control. 2013; 41: 155-160
Conflict of interest: None to report.