Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Increasing incidence of serious infectious diseases and inequalities in New Zealand: a national epidemiological study.Lancet. 2012; 379: 1112-1119
- Infectious disease hospitalizations in the United States.Clin Infect Dis. 2009; 49: 1025-1035
Elixhauser A, Owens P. Reasons for being admitted to the hospital through the emergency department, 2003. Available from: http://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/reports/statbriefs/sb2.pdf. Updated 2006. Accessed June 10, 2013.
- Medical causes of admissions to hospital among adults in Africa: a systematic review.Glob Health Action. 2013; 6: 1-14
- Rising incidence and persistently high mortality of hospitalized pneumonia: a 10-year population-based study in Denmark.J Intern Med. 2006; 259: 410-417
- Temporal changes in the incidence and 30-day mortality associated with bacteremia in hospitalized patients from 1992 through 2006: a population-based cohort study.Clin Infect Dis. 2011; 52: 61-69
- The burden of sepsis-associated mortality in the United States from 1999 to 2005: an analysis of multiple-cause-of-death data.Crit Care. 2009; 13: R28
- Rapid increase in hospitalization and mortality rates for severe sepsis in the United States: a trend analysis from 1993 to 2003.Crit Care Med. 2007; 35: 1244-1250
- Infection control - a problem for patient safety.N Engl J Med. 2003; 348: 651-656
- Outcomes in elderly Danish citizens admitted with community-acquired pneumonia. Regional differences in a public healthcare system.Respir Med. 2012; 106: 1778-1787
The top 10 causes of death. Available from: http://who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs310/en/index.html. Updated 2011. Accessed May 19, 2013.
Tal og analyse: dødsårsagsregistret 2011. Available from: http://www.ssi.dk/Sundhedsdataogit/Registre/∼/media/Indhold/DK%20-%20dansk/Sundhedsdata%20og%20it/NSF/Registre/Dodsaarsagsregisteret/D%C3%B8ds%C3%A5rsagsregisteret%202011.ashx. Published 2011. Accessed June 12, 2013.
- Hospital standardised mortality ratios based on data from administrative registries. A pilot project.Ugeskr Laeger. 2007; 169: 2767-2772
- Potential misclassification of causes of death from COPD.Eur Respir J. 2006; 28: 781-785
- Reliability of recorded deaths from asthma in Denmark during a 1-year period 1994-1995.Ugeskr Laeger. 2001; 163: 6131-6133
- Reliability of death certificates. The reproducibility of the recorded causes of death in patients admitted to departments of internal medicine.Ugeskr Laeger. 1998; 160: 5030-5034
- Survey of New York City resident physicians on cause-of-death reporting, 2010.Prev Chronic Dis. 2013; 10: E76
- Contribution of individual diseases to death in older adults with multiple diseases.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2012; 60: 1448-1456
- The Danish Civil Registration System.Scand J Public Health. 2011; 39: 22-25
- The Danish National Patient Register.Scand J Public Health. 2011; 39: 30-33
- The Danish Register of Causes of Death.Scand J Public Health. 2011; 39: 26-29
- Interval estimation for a binomial proportion.Stat Sci. 2001; 16: 101-133
- The applications of capture-recapture models to epidemiological data.Stat Med. 2001; 20: 3123-3157
Dødssted i Danmark i perioden 2004 til 2006. Available from: http://pavi.dk/Libraries/projekter/Doedssted_i_Danmark_i_perioden_2004-2006.sflb.ashx. Published 2013. Accessed June 12, 2013.
- Accuracy of alternative approaches to capture-recapture estimates of disease frequency: internal validity analysis of data from five sources.Am J Epidemiol. 2000; 152: 771-779
- Deaths: preliminary data for 2011.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2012; 61: 1-52
The European health report 2012: charting the way to well-being. Available from: http://www.euro.who.int/en/what-we-do/data-and-evidence/european-health-report-2012/the-european-health-report-2012-charting-the-way-to-well-being. Published 2013. Accessed June 12, 2013.
- Epidemiology of multimorbidity and implications for health care, research, and medical education: a cross-sectional study.Lancet. 2012; 380: 37-43
- Aging with multimorbidity: a systematic review of the literature.Ageing Res Rev. 2011; 10: 430-439
Funding for this investigation was provided by Aalborg University Hospital.
Conflicts of interest: None to report.