Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Prior environmental contamination increases the risk of acquisition of vancomycin-resistant enterococci.Clin Infect Dis. 2008; 46: 678-685
- Risk of acquiring antibiotic-resistant bacteria from prior room occupants.Arch Intern Med. 2006; 166: 1945-1951
- Evaluation of hospital room assignment and acquisition of Clostridium difficile infection.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2011; 32: 201-206
- Improving cleaning of the environment surrounding patients in 36 acute care hospitals.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2008; 29: 1035-1041
- Reduction of Clostridium difficile and vancomycin-resistant enterococcus contamination of environmental surfaces after an intervention to improve cleaning methods.BMC Infect Dis. 2007; 21: 61-66
- Beyond the Hawthorne effect: reduction of Clostridium difficile environmental contamination through active intervention to improve cleaning practices.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2013; 34: 524-526
- Impact of environmental cleaning intervention on the presence of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and vancomycin-resistant enterococci on surfaces in intensive care unit rooms.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2008; 29: 593-599
- An environmental disinfection odyssey: evaluation of sequential interventions to improve disinfection of Clostridium difficile isolation rooms.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2013; 34: 459-465
- Environmental cleaning intervention and risk of acquiring multidrug-resistant organisms from prior room occupants.Arch Intern Med. 2011; 171: 491-494
- Reduction in acquisition of vancomycin-resistant enterococcus after enforcement of routine environmental cleaning measures.Clin Infect Dis. 2006; 42: 1552-1560
- Room decontamination with UV radiation.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010; 31: 1025-1029
- Terminal decontamination of patient rooms using an automated mobile UV light unit.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2011; 32: 737-742
- Environmental decontamination with ultraviolet radiation to prevent recurrent Clostridium difficile infection in 2 roomates in a long-term care facility.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2012; 33: 534-535
Ghantoji SS, Stibich M, Stachowiak J, Simmons S, Tanner B, Perego C, et al. Routine incorporation of pulsed xenon UV (PX-UV) after standard cleaning of rooms previously occupied by patients with C difficile or vancomycin-resistant enterococci infections or colonizations. Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. San Francisco, CA. August 30, 2012.
- Evaluation of a pulsed xenon ultraviolet room disinfection device for impact on hospital operations and microbial reduction.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2011; 32: 286-288
- The effect of portable pulsed xenon ultraviolet light after terminal cleaning on hospital-associated Clostridium difficile infection in a community hospital.Am J Infect Control. 2013; 41: 746-748
- Evaluation of contact precautions discharges in an acute care setting.Am J Infect Control. 2012; 40: 468-469
- Prevention of hospital-onset Clostridium difficile infection in the New York metropolitan region using a collaborative intervention model.J Healthc Qual. 2014; 36: 35-45
- Piecewise regression.J Am Stat Assoc. 1970; 65: 1109-1124
- Disinfection of Acinetobacter baumannii-contaminated surfaces relevant to medical treatment facilities with ultraviolet C light.Mil Med. 2007; 172: 1166-1169
- Decontamination of targeted pathogens from patient rooms using an automated ultraviolet-C-emitting device.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2013; 34: 466-471
- Evaluation of an automated ultraviolet radiation device for decontamination of Clostridium difficile and other healthcare-associated pathogens in hospital rooms.BMC Infect Dis. 2010; 10: 197
- Infection control measures reduce transmission of vancomycin-resistant enterococci in an endemic setting.Ann Intern Med. 1999; 131: 269-272
- Antibiotic exposure and room contamination among patients colonized with vancomycin-resistant enterococci.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2008; 29: 709-715
- Long-term impact of a reduction in the use of contact precautions on vancomycin-resistant enterococci colonization and infection. The Fifth Decennial International Conference on Healthcare-Associated Infections.Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, Atlanta [GA]2010
Conflicts of interest: None to report.