Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Guideline for Hand Hygiene in Health-Care Settings: recommendations of the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee and the HICPAC/SHEA/APIC/IDSA Hand Hygiene Task Force.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2002; 23: S3-S40
- World Health Organization guidelines on hand hygiene.WHO, Geneva2009
- How good are hand washing practices?.Am J Nurs. 1974; 74: 1676-1678
- Evaluating handwashing technique.J Adv Nurs. 1985; 10: 547-552
- Assessing nurses’ hand decontamination performance.Nurs Times. 1993; 89: 47-50
- Dynamics of bacterial hand contamination during routine neonatal care.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2004; 25: 192-197
- Alcohol-based handrub: evaluation of technique and microbiological efficacy with international infection control professionals.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2004; 25: 207-209
- Influence of rub-in technique on required application time and hand coverage in hygienic hand disinfection.BMC Infect Dis. 2008; 8: 149
- An evaluation of handwashing techniques-1.Nurs Times. 1978; 74: 54-55
- Learning transfer from programmed instruction to clinical performance.Nurs Res. 1969; 18: 51-54
H-Y.P. and S-K.K. contributed equally to this article.
Conflicts of interest: None to report.