Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
World Health Organization. 2011 Report on the burden of endemic health care-associated infection worldwide (http://whqlibdoc.who.int/publications/2011/9789241501507_eng.pdf) Geneva: World Health Organization; 2011.
Health Protection Agency. 2012 English national point prevalence survey on healthcare-associated infections and antimicrobial use, 2011 (http://www.hpa.org.uk/webc/HPAwebFile/HPAweb_C/1317134304594). London: Health Protection Agency; 2012.
- Why healthcare workers don’t wash their hands: a behavioral explanation.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2006; 27: 484-492
- Improving adherence to hand hygiene practice: a multidisciplinary approach.Emerg Infect Dis. 2001; 7: 234-240
- How does healthcare worker hand hygiene behaviour impact upon the transmission of MRSA between patients?: an analysis using a Monte Carlo model.BMC Infect Dis. 2009; 9: 64
- From isovists to visibility graphs: a methodology for the analysis of architectural space.Environ Plann B. 2001; 28: 103-121
- Development of an observational measure of healthcare worker hand-hygiene behaviour: the hand-hygiene observation tool (HHOT).J Hosp Infect. 2008; 68: 222-229
Support was received from the Health and Care Infrastructure Research Centre (HaCIRIC) and the National Institute of Health Research (NIHR; to E.C-G.) during the course of this research.
Conflicts of interest: None to report.