Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Infectious Diseases Society of America/American Thoracic Society consensus guidelines on the management of community-acquired pneumonia in adults.Clin Infect Dis. 2007; 44: S27-S72
- Does empirical therapy with a fluoroquinolone or the combination of a β-lactam plus a macrolide result in better outcomes for patients admitted to the general ward?.Infect Dis Clin North Am. 2013; 27: 115-132
- “Collateral Damage” from cephalosporin or quinolone antibiotic therapy.Clin Infect Dis. 2004; 38: S341-S345
- Fluoroquinolones and the risk for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in hospitalized patients.Emerg Infect Dis. 2003; 9: 1415-1422
- Treatment with fluoroquinolones or with β-lactam-β-lactamase inhibitor combinations is a risk factor for isolation of extended-spectrum-β-lactamase-producing Klebsiella species in hospitalized patients.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2010; 54: 2010-2016
- Quinolone use as a risk factor for nosocomial Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2001; 22: 572-575
- Antibiotic usage and risk of colonization and infection with antibiotic-resistant bacteria: a hospital population-based study.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2009; 53: 4264-4269
- Comparison of β-lactam and macrolide combination therapy versus fluoroquinolone monotherapy in hospitalized Veterans Affairs patients with community-acquired pneumonia.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2007; 51: 3977-3982
- Multidrug-resistant, extensively drug-resistant and pandrug-resistant bacteria: an international expert proposal for interim standard definitions for acquired resistance.Clin Microbiol Infect. 2012; 18: 268-281
- Biomarkers: what is their benefit in the identification of infection, severity assessment, and management of community-acquired pneumonia?.Infect Dis Clin North Am. 2013; 27: 9-31
R.C.G.'s current location is Sound Shore Medical Center; New Rochelle, NY.
Conflicts of interest: None to report.