Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- A comparison of infection control program resources, activities, and antibiotic resistant organism rates in Canadian acute care hospitals in 1999and 2005: pre- and post-severe acute respiratory syndrome.Am J Infect Control. 2008; 36: 711-717
- Prevalence of colonization and infection with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus and of Clostridium difficile infection in canadian hospitals.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2013; 34: 687-693
- Long-term control of hospital wide, endemic multidrug-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii through a comprehensive “bundle” approach.Am J Infect Control. 2009; 37: 715-722
- The role of environmental cleaning in the control of hospital-acquired infection.J Hosp Infect. 2009; 73: 378-385
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee. Guidelines for environmental infection control in health-care facilities. MMWR 2003;(RR-107):52:1-48.
- Best practices for cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization in all health care settings.Ministry of Health and Long-term Care, Toronto2006
- Evidence that contaminated surfaces contribute to the transmission of hospital pathogens and an overview of strategies to address contaminated surfaces in hospital settings.Am J Infect Control. 2013; 41: S6-S11
- Role of the environment in the transmission of Clostridium difficile in health care facilities.Am J Infect Control. 2013; 41: S105-S110
- Identifying opportunities to enhance environmental cleaning in 23 acute care hospitals.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2008; 29: 1-7
- Improving cleaning of the environment surrounding patients in 36 acute care hospitals.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2008; 29: 1035-1041
- Improving environmental hygiene in 27 intensive care units to decrease multidrug-resistant bacterial transmission.Crit Care Med. 2010; 38: 1054-1059
- Impact of an environmental cleaning intervention on the presence of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and vancomycin-resistant Enterococci on surfaces in intensive care unit rooms.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2008; 29: 593-599
- Does improving surface cleaning and disinfection reduce health care-associated infections?.Am J Infect Control. 2013; 41: S12-S19
- Beyond the Hawthorne effect: reduction of Clostridium difficile environmental contamination through active intervention to improve cleaning practices.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2013; 34: 524-526
- Measuring the effect of enhanced cleaning in a UK hospital: a prospective cross-over study.BMC Med. 2009; 7: 28
- The working relationships of infection prevention and control programs and environmental services and associations with antibiotic-resistant organisms in Canadian acute care hospitals.Am J Infect Control. 2014; 42: 349-352
- Cleanliness audit of clinical surfaces and equipment: who cleans what?.J Hosp Infect. 2011; 78: 178-181
This research was supported by the Canadian Association of Environmental Management through an unrestricted grant-in-aid from Wood Wyant.
Conflicts of interest: None to report.