Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Epidemic history of hepatitis C virus infection in two remote communities in Nigeria, West Africa.J Gen Virol. 2012; 93: 1410-1421
- End-point limiting-dilution real-time PCR assay for evaluation of hepatitis C virus quasispecies in serum: performance under optimal and suboptimal conditions.J Virol Methods. 2008; 151: 217-224
- Outbreak of catheter-associated Klebsiella oxytoca and Enterobacter cloacae bloodstream infections in an oncology chemotherapy center.Arch Intern Med. 2005; 165: 2639-2643
- Outbreak of Burkholderia cepacia bloodstream infection at an outpatient hematology and oncology practice.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2007; 28: 1311-1313
- Severe methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus infections associated with epidural injections at an outpatient pain clinic.Am J Infect Control. 2012; 40: 144-149
MacCannell T, Perz JF, Srinivasan A, Schaefer MK. Bacterial and parasitic infections associated with extrinsically contaminated injectable medications, United States 1999-2009 [abstract]. Presented at Fifth Decennial International Conference on Healthcare-Associated Infections 2010, Atlanta, Georgia, March 18-22, 2010. Available at: http://shea.confex.com/shea/2010/webprogram/Paper2113.html. Accessed February 27, 2013.
- An outbreak of hepatitis C virus infections among outpatients at a hematology/oncology clinic.Ann Intern Med. 2005; 142: 898-902
- Hepatitis B outbreak associated with a hematology-oncology office practice in New Jersey, 2009.Am J Infect Control. 2011; 39: 663-670
- US outbreak investigations highlight the need for safe injection practices and basic infection control.Clin Liver Dis. 2010; 14: 137-151
Siegel JD, Rhinehart E, Jackson M, Chiarello L, and the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee. Guideline for isolation precautions: preventing transmission of infectious agents in healthcare settings, 2007. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/hicpac/pdf/isolation/Isolation2007.pdf. Accessed February 27, 2013.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Preventing infections in cancer patients. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/cancer/preventinfections/. Accessed February 27, 2013.
Centers for Disesae Control and Prevention. Basic infection and control prevention plan for outpatient oncology settings. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/hai/pdfs/guidelines/basic-infection-control-prevention-plan-2011.pdf Accessed February 27, 2013.
The findings and conclusions in this report are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Conflict of interest: None to report.