Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Healthcare-associated infections. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/HAI/surveillance/index.html. Accessed July 31, 2013.
- Newly Cleaned physician uniforms and Infrequently Washed White Coats have similar Rates of Bacterial contamination after an 8-Hour Workday: a Randomized Controlled Trial.Journal of Hospital Medicine. 2011; 6: 177-182
Murphy C. End for traditional doctor’s coat. BBC News. 17 September 2007. http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/health/6998195.stm. Accessed 19 June 2008
Gray S. Superbug fears kill off doctors’ white coats. The Times. 17 September 2007. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/health/
- Uniform: an evidence review of the microbiological significance of uniforms and uniform policy in the prevention and control of healthcare-associated infections.Journal of Hospital Infection. 2007; 66: e301-e307
RID: Committee to Reduce Infection Deaths. Available at: http://www.hospitalinfection.org. Accessed July 31, 2013.
- What to wear today? Effect of doctor’s attire on the trust and confidence of patients.American Journal of Medicine. 2005; 118: 1279-1286
- Healthcare Personnel attire in Non-Operating Room settings.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2014; 35: 107-121
- Are we dressed to impress? A descriptive survey assessing patients’ preference of doctors’ attire in the hospital setting.Clinical Medicine. 2009; 9: 519-524
- Is it time for an evidence based uniform for doctors?.BMJ. 2012; 345: e8286
Financial support included the University of Washington Patient Safety Innovations Program.
Conflicts of interest: None to report.