Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- The role of the surface environment in healthcare-associated infections.Curr Opin Infect Dis. 2013; 26: 338-344
- Evaluating hygienic cleaning in health care settings: what you do not know can harm your patients.Am J Infect Control. 2010; 38: S41-50
- Intrinsic bacterial burden associated with intensive care unit hospital beds: effects of disinfection on population recovery and migration of potential infection risk.Am J Infect Control. 2012; 40: 907-912
- Decreased activity of commercially available disinfectants containing quaternary ammonium compounds when exposed to cotton towels.Am J Infect Control. 2013; 41: 908-911
- Self-disinfecting surfaces: review of current methologies and future prospects.Am J Infect Control. 2013; 41: S31-S35
- Copper surfaces reduce the rate of health-acquired infections in the intensive care unit.Infect Control Hospital Epidemiol. 2013; 34: 479-486
- The antimicrobial efficacy of copper alloy furnishing in the clinical environment: a crossover study.Infect Control Hospital Epidemiol. 2012; 33: 3-9
- Copper continuously limits the concentration of bacteria resident on bed rails within the intensive care unit.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2013; 34: 530-533
- Improved bacteriological surveillance of hemodialysis fluids: a comparison between trypic soy agar and Reasoner’s 2A media.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 1999; 14: 2433-2437
- Heterotrophic plate count methodology in the United States.Intl J Food Microbiol. 2004; 92: 307-315
- R in action: data analysis and graphics with R.Manning Publications, Shelter Island, [NY]2011
- Practical data science with R.Manning Publications, Shelter Island, [NY]2013
- Reduction in the microbial load on high-touch surfaces in hospital rooms by treatment with a portable saturated stream vapor disinfection system.Am J Infect Control. 2011; 79: 655-662
- Clostridium difficile in retail meat products, USA, 2007.Emerg Infect Dis. 2009; 15: 819-821
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Laboratory detection of: oxacillin/methicillian-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/HAI/settings/lab/lab_mrsa.html. Accessed January 10, 2013.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Modified Hodge test for carbapenemase detection in Enterobacteriaceae. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/HAI/pdfs/labSettings/HodgeTest_Carbapenemase_Enterobacteriaceae.pdf. Assessed January 10, 2013.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Vancomycin-resistant enterococci (VRE) and clinical laboratory. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/HAI/settings/lab/VREClinical-Laboratory.html. Accessed January 10, 2013.
- Evaluation of two organosilane products for sustained antimicrobial activity on high-touch surfaces in patient rooms.Am J Infect Control. 2014; 42: 326-328
- Antisepsis, disinfection, and sterilization.ASM Press, Washington, DC2007
This project was supported by Allied BioScience through funding supplied to the University of Arizona.
Conflict of interest: None to report.